the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

1999-2002 Silverado Remote Start w/Keyless Pictorial

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2014 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Using the Viper's actual Wait To Start wire will allow the engine to crank as soon as the dash light goes off.  Not connecting the WTS wire and using a Fixed Wait To Start time value ( 15 seconds ) will crank the engine after this time period ends.  The choice is yours.   See Menu 3, Item 9 for more options.

Diode isolation of the door triggers is used to prevent the vehicle from getting confused.  If you have a vehicle that displays the two ( or four ) individual doors graphically, it will show the one that is open.  If you connect the alarm without diode isolation, when one door is open, the graphic dash display will show all doors as open ( due to feedback ).

The 1N4001 diodes are available at RadioShack.

Soldering is fun!
boricua bob 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2014 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote boricua bob
thanks ur always a big help...
boricua bob 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2014 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote boricua bob
I'm using the 556Lw and I need to know which and were is the wire on the truck so that I can cut and connect for the yellow and the BLACK / YELLOW..thanks
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2014 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Not sure on that truck.  I have been using Data style bypass modules that only connect to the ODB2 Violet wire on those trucks for awhile now.  Look for a bundle of three thin wires grouped together coming down the steering column.  They can be White, Black & Yellow or RED / White, ORANGE / Black & Yellow.   The Black or ORANGE / Black will test as ground and the Yellow will be between +1.2VDC and +4.7VDC when the key is in the ON position. 

Soldering is fun!
boricua bob 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2014 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote boricua bob
thanks again kreg357 couldn't of done it with out ur help. i finished around 2am. and everything work great. for the door trigger i use the TAN (-) for the Drivers door located in PURPLE PLUG, PIN B4
   PASSENGER door use DK BLUE/WHITE (-) in a LT BLUE PLUG, PIN B11. the passenger door trigger is aslo for the rear doors on a crew cab. and for the bypass 556LW u can take the steering colum cover off and there is three wires and u can use the yellow one or u can cut and use the same wire at the ignition harness right above the +12V constant RED / white 40Amp wire.
kreg357 
Posted: April 27, 2014 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Good news. 1999-2002 Silverado Remote Start w/Keyless Pictorial - Page 2 -- posted image.    Thanks for the updates!
Think I found a photo of the Passlock2 wires. See if it looks correct from your install.
1999-2002 Silverado Remote Start w/Keyless Pictorial - Page 2 -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
boricua bob 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2014 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote boricua bob
Yep thats it. If you use the 556LW bypass the only wire u would have to use is the yellow one for the resistance.
frankp05 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2014 at 2:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frankp05
Hello kreg357,
I just have a quick question. Is it necessary to wire that extra relay for the brown acc wire? If so what purpose does that serve. Im planning on going with a similar setup except im using the Viper 5706 on my 00' Suburban but using the 451m and a couple 4 window roll up and down modules. I installed an Avital on my 04' Colorado I forget the model but its just a keyless and rs and that project went pretty smooth but I didnt need any extra relays or anything like I do for my Suburban.
kreg357 
Posted: April 29, 2014 at 4:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Not exactly sure which vehicle circuits are powered by the Brown ACC2 wire.  Sometimes it varies by model and year. While it may not be necessary, for the extra $5 ( relay, harness, fuseholder & fuse ), I would do it, especially if you are adding window roll-ups and other features.  Whenever possible, I like to duplicate everything an actual key start does.
Soldering is fun!
frankp05 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2014 at 1:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frankp05
Hey Kreg357
Thanks for the quick reply and the advice, I just have a couple questions one being do I need a relay to wire up my dome light supervision. According to the Viper wiring connections my dome light is a (-) 200mA and my Suburban has a (-) polarity and two different wires both in the BCM. So would I just need to pick one wire to tap it to both? Last but probably not the least haha, which wire am I connecting to the OBD2 violet wire? Is that wire gonna be from the Bypass or the Viper? ....THANKS!!
Page of 15

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic