the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

1999-2002 Silverado Remote Start w/Keyless Pictorial

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2015 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Yes, direct connection from the Viper Factory Alarm Disarm Output to the trucks' Light Green Disarm wire @ BCM.
Soldering is fun!
mcbride66 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2015 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mcbride66
Now it's time for you to yell at me. Lol. I have been trying different settings with the bit writer and I decided to zap to restore default features not realizing it would remove my remotes from memory. Now I can't get 5806 to pair the remotes. Bit writer shows 0 transmitters and refuses to allow change in programming. I tried everything I found in paperwork to pair remotes. Please help
mcbride66
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2015 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Oh, oh.  Remember my preemptive excuse?  Not a big Viper user.  There are BitWriter only options that locks out any programming changes and remote additions.  Perhaps the experts from across the Atlantic or up north can lend a hand.
Soldering is fun!
mcbride66 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2015 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mcbride66
Trying to get valet/control button to go into programming mode. The bitwriter shows programming mode unlocked, however the control will only go in and out of valet mode. Blue Light steady on or off. No flashing or chirps. If anyone knows how to get into programming mode with control button for viper 5806v will you please let me know. I have tried all instructions with no success. Trying to get 2 remotes re-paired with unit after zapping with bitwriter.
Any info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
2002 Chevy Silverado
mcbride66
mcbride66 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2015 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mcbride66
Fixed my issue. Had to run (-) Door Input from Viper unit. Could not get Dball2 to handle (-) Door Input via data alone. Was able to program in remotes using control button afterwards. Also hooked up factory disarm wire and everything works as it should. I could not have done this without you. I'm down to the last thing, the passenger door trigger. How do I hook that up? The reason I ask is I have setting for auto relock (after unlocking via remote) unless door is opened within 30 seconds. Passenger door does not work when opened. It continues to count down before relocking. Drive door works as it should. Thanks again, Ray
mcbride66
ycavada01 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2015 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ycavada01
Can you tell me how to doit with a relay because i have a alarm system in my sierra 99 and have a relay in it, and i will like to know if I can use it or not
brandie928 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2015 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote brandie928
I have a huge favor to ask anyone on this form about wiring a Avial 3100 XL to my 99 silverado 1500. i bought this alarm with the impression that my now ex boyfriend was going to help install it. well point being he is no longer in the picture and i no longer have instructions to hook the system up (not that i am a big expert on auto wiring) . So if anyone could help with the most detailed instructions, kind of like paint by numbers sort a speak. plus the pictures like in this form would be the greatest thing ever. I have the door actuators already installed but not wired to anything and that is as far as i got. im not sure what other information i need to say to get help. so i will leave it at that. thank you very much for your time.
kreg357 
Posted: June 07, 2015 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Going to need some more info to assist you.  In the mean time I have uploaded the Avital 3100 L Install Guide to the Downloads Section.  It is not the 3100 XL install guide but should be close.  Here is a link :  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=1334

A couple of ideas.  You mentioned adding door actuators.  Does that mean your truck did not come from the factory with power locks?  Usually adding power locks to a vehicle includes a kit with a power lock controller.  If that is the case, it will simplify the Avital 3100 install.  If it was just the lock solenoids and mechanical connection to the vehicle inside the door, with 2 or 5 wires hanging free, you will need more parts and time to do the install.

My suggestion would be to start a new thread in the Car Security and Convenience Section.  Include all the info about your truck, ie :

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 2 door with no factory power locks or factory alarm.  After-market door lock solenoids installed, both 2 wire with no controller.  Looking to install an Avital 3100 XL alarm system.  I love to solder and have to tools and know how to take the lower dash panel off.  Here is a link to the Avital Alarm system xxx and here is a link to the Pictorial I'm going to use as a reference, etc, etc, etc   Here is the pin out for the Avital 3100 and my proposed vehicle connection points :

H1/1 ORANGE (-) 500 mA GROUND-WHEN-ARMED OUTPUT

H1/2 WHITE (+/-) SELECTABLE LIGHT FLASH OUTPUT
H1/3 WHITE/ BLUE (-) 200 mA CHANNEL 3 VALIDITY OUTPUT
H1/4 BLACK/ WHITE (-) 200 mA INTERIOR LIGHT ILLUMINATION OUTPUT
H1/5 GREEN (-) DOOR TRIGGER INPUT, ZONE 3
H1/6 BLUE (-) MULTIPLEX TRIGGER INPUT, ZONE 1
H1/7 VIOLET (+) DOOR TRIGGER INPUT, ZONE 3
H1/8 BLACK (-) CHASSIS GROUND INPUT
H1/9 YELLOW (+) IGNITION INPUT, ZONE 5
H1/10 BROWN (+) SIREN OUTPUT
H1/11 RED (+)12V CONSTANT POWER INPUT
H1/12 RED / WHITE (-) 200 mA CHANNEL 2 VALIDITY OUTPUT

H2/1  GREEN (-) LOCK, (+) UNLOCK OUTPUT

H2/2
H2/3  BLUE (+) LOCK, (-) UNLOCK OUTPUT

H3/1  Black   Starter In

H3/2  Black   Starter Out

That should start the ball rolling.

Soldering is fun!
brandie928 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2015 at 4:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote brandie928
Thank you very much for your help. The info given was perfect.
again much thanks
brandie
super dave426 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2015 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote super dave426
I wanted to thank you for the detailed post and let you know I installed these exact products in my 2001 GMC Sierra with the Factory Alarm and remote locks yesterday. It seems overwhelming at first, but reading through this thread a few times and then pre-wiring and soldering all wires that tie together before made it even easier, I even cut off the wires that weren't needed to make it less confusing. There are 2 things that I learned that I felt I would share, first there is a jumper that comes taped to the Avital that you set for the light flash, if you want it and second your instructions below must be followed in order for the bypass to work. This is the first RS I have ever attempted and it was much easier than expected, thanks again for sharing! It was nice that Amazon had the Avital for $42 (I got all the parts needed there).
kreg357 wrote:

I didn't go into detail on the ADS TBSL PL bypass module.  They are great units and make the install a breeze, however

there are a few steps that you need to do during install.
1.  On Page 17 of the install guide, you must do the Installation Mode Selection.  You want to get the LED to do the
      double green blink pattern and then lock it in.  This tells the bypass module that you are wired in the W2W mode.
2. Part 2 of the programming process is shown on Page 18 for your Type 6 install.  Remember to hold the key in the
    START position until the LED turns Green for 2 seconds.

I think I would do the Factory Reset procedure ( Page 19 ) first to get everything back to ground zero and then continue

on with the 2 steps listed above.  Make sure that the ADS TBSL PL responds exactly as per the guide during this whole process.

There are some Avital 4103 programming options that need to be changed.

Menu 1, Feature 1 to Opt 2, if you want the horn confirmation beeps.

Menu 2, Feature 1 to Opt 4, for Tach Mode.

All the other options are OK at their Default setting.  Remember to do the Tach Learn process.  I usually warm up the

engine first so I get a normal idle RPM.

Dave
Page of 15

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic