the12volt.com spacer
icon

dball2, viper 2010 nissan maxima

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie (aka: harryharris)
Silver - Posts: 355
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2014 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote harryharris
Also if it's working you'll see a red LED illuminate during the above process.
Test before boxing up.
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2014 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote metz35
I have the same vehicle.
1. Turn off engine checking in the options.
2. Change from tach to crank time in options.
3. Change crank time to the max in options.
Since the starter wire is connected to the brake. There is no need for tach. The brake needs to see 12v for a minimum of 2 seconds before it cranks. Thats why we turn up crank time.
let me know if you need any help
magnamagus 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2014 at 1:29 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote magnamagus
Shock Sensor Fix --
(1)--I tried connecting the shock sensor to a bundle of wires using a zip tie. I then tested the sensitivity by kicking the tires and bumping the vehicle. There was no reaction except when hit very hard.
(2)-- I connected the shock sensor to the hollow vent or air duck inside the cab of the vehicle. I think tested the sensitivity by kicking the tires and hitting the vehicle. The alarm is now triggered when kicked or bumped somewhat firm. This is better in sensitivity.
Question -- Does anyone have any suggestions on how to attach a sensor to maximize its sensitivity? Does anyone have any photos?
Erick
freqsounds 
Copper - Posts: 289
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2014 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote freqsounds
Did you adjust the shock sensor's setting?
Dangle the sensor with a zip tie from a wire harness (use the loop on the sensor's harness OR a zip tie tightly about an inch away from the connector -- sensor side). If it's tight, it's hard to trip. If it dangles, it can move and trip. It'll 'feel' the vibrations better.
No question is stupid or not worth asking. You were once a noob, right? :)
dksob81 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2014 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dksob81
Quick Question...
I have a 2006 Dodge Ram that I am putting a Viper 5904 Remote start in, with a DBALL2 (w/ T-Harness).
The door locks work from the Viper Remote. However it will not remote start, NO ERROR codes or anything, originally I wass getting ERROR Code 6 (HOOD PIN) this was because I had the switch on the DBALL2 T-Harness in the ON position. after I shut that off, it no longer gives me any error codes. It does receive the signal from the remote, the fuel pump kicks on and nothing (no attempt to crank the engine). Also no dash lights either.
dksob81 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2014 at 6:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dksob81
Well Apparently I cannot use the T-Harness on my truck. I was reading through the installation type chart and there are 2 types for my truck (Type 3 or Type 4) depending on wether or not there is a start wire (pin 4) at the ignition switch. Mine has the wire so I had to hard wire the DBALL2 to the vehicle. (not too difficult though, on a few wires)
Well now the vehicle will start, but immediately shuts off. Seems like a security issue. I Reset & Reprogrammed the module (per the instructions). Still no go. I connected the tach wire, and I get Error Code 8 (Hood Pin) which is weird, but if I disconnect it, it will start and die immediately.
Any Suggestions? I know this is an old post and I appologize for piggybacking on it
freqsounds 
Copper - Posts: 289
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2014 at 7:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote freqsounds
Your installation is much different than than a Maxima. I would recommend creating your own thread for this issue per the rules of the forum.
No question is stupid or not worth asking. You were once a noob, right? :)
magnamagus 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2014 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote magnamagus
Its probably a TACH issue. The 5904 has settings preset by directed electronics. To adjust some of the settings you will need the directed hand held gadget-don't recall the devices name. Authorized directed dealers have these hand held computers, they may let you adjust it yourself OR use it. Also, learning tachometer, Tachometer wiring, vehicle immobilizer, etc. current Firmware for the dball? OR maybe even switching over to a fortin bypass module --- i hear the dball sometimes has issues with certain vehicles.
Erick
wiz6114 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2014 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wiz6114
I am trying to install a viper 2 way system in to a 2014 maxima. I really need a wiring diagram to help me out. And imma replace the factory amplifier and install a new one along with new speakers, so can someone help me out with the wiring diagram.
foja 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2015 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote foja
I want to help me with the installation for a 2014 jeep compass sport have dball2 and viper5906v. but I do not know what will dball2 wiring the car. They go to the dball2 viper5906v. Help me with a diagram please. I can pay you via PayPal
Page of 4

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic