the12volt.com spacer
icon

adding dsm250 smart start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
semicycler 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2014 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote semicycler
Hi all,
I've just had the latest Viper 4806V two-way LED remote starter installed by a local authorized dealer. I'm looking to DIY add the Directed DSM250 Smart Start with GPS. Yes I know I will not have a warranty this way. Yes I also know how to get it activated. No worries here.
The control module installed in my car is the 4X06. I have the DSM250 in hand. Which manual in the download sections is best to follow as none exists specifically for the 4X06? Will the 5706V install guide work for me? Or is there a better one?
Thanks!
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2014 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote blanx218
Connect power and ground would be step one. Do you have a d2d port and separate bit writer port. If so connect the 3 pin plug to the bit writer port and activate. If you only have the 4 pin d2d plug in the brown 4 pin plug and activate.
semicycler 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2014 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote semicycler
Thanks tedmond for posting the 4806V manuals in the download section. I've been using the 4704V in the meantime.
My 4x06 box is connected to the immobilizer bypass using D2D. I'm not really interested in rewiring to W2W to free up the D2D port. But there is a bitwriter port that I have been using with the handheld bitwriter programmer. Are you saying use this port permanently for the SmartStart? And then if I ever want to use the bitwriter handheld again, just temporarily swap it in to the bitwriter port? Seems too simple (not complaining!)
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2014 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote blanx218
Exactly
semicycler 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2014 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote semicycler
It's all connected up and working perfectly. The only connections needed were +12V power, ground, and the bitwriter cable. The two configuration wires were left unconnected.
I added a relay to drive the horn while there too. Now the lock/unlock chirps the horn.
Thank you all for the help. Much appreciated!
je3169 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2014 at 3:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote je3169
Hello how do you activate? I am doing the same thing I have installed a 5706v and am installing my DSM250 this weekend and was wondering how do I activate.
Thanks
John
vane0804 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2014 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vane0804
PM me and I will tell you
~It's me!
alikhan84 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2015 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote alikhan84
PM Sent.
I'd also like to know how to activate.
Just purchased a DSM250 and will be installing it very soon.
vane0804 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2015 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vane0804
After you install it. .. you will need someone with access to directechs to activate it for you. .. they have to log in, and enter your full name, email, mobile phone number, and module serial id. Then test your system and then submit. From there, you will receive email to verify and a link to subscription site where you would pay for subscription service. To get someone with access to activate it. .. you can go to a alarm shop or check eBay for services.
~It's me!
tommyjerzboy 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2015 at 1:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tommyjerzboy
This topic is just what I was looking for so I too have the dsm250 and an exciting directed alarm, I plugged the 3 bit plug from SmartStart to alarm system and now I just need to connect power and ground correct? If correct what's the simplest way to connect power and ground? Thank you in advance for all help
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic