the12volt.com spacer
icon

2012 camry se, clifford blackjax

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cedcodgy1450 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2014 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cedcodgy1450
I've installed a clifford intelliguard alarm in my previous vehicle(2002 Impala LS) and really liked the blackjax feature. After some research, I see they sell the blackjax feature as a stand alone immobilizer unit 2012 camry se, clifford blackjax - Last Post -- posted image. I'm seeking the suggestion/opinions from any professional installers will installing this unit in my 2012 Camry mess up the factory immobilizer? It seems like a pretty simple straight forward install but I just want to be safe rather than sorry.
howie (aka: harryharris)
Silver - Posts: 355
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2014 at 3:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote harryharris
Not at all I've correctly wired in.
Test before boxing up.
cedcodgy1450 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2014 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cedcodgy1450
harryharris wrote:
Not at all I've correctly wired in.
The Blackjax or another aftermarket security system?
howie (aka: harryharris)
Silver - Posts: 355
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2014 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote harryharris
Any
Test before boxing up.
cedcodgy1450 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2015 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cedcodgy1450
Never got around to installing that blackjax but I'm now interested in having the clifford avantguard 5.1 installed & have received mixed answers from installation shops about the blackjax being able to interrupt power from the ignition circuit to shut down the vehicle. One shop says there would be no problem to interrupt power while another shop says there will be a problem because of the way the new Toyota ignition systems are setup. HEELLLLPPPPPPPP MEEEEEEEEE 2012 camry se, clifford blackjax - Last Post -- posted image. 2012 camry se, clifford blackjax - Last Post -- posted image. 2012 camry se, clifford blackjax - Last Post -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2015 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
No problem at all. The shops are complaining because there's far more labour than say a stand-alone single unit alarm/RS. It's original Clifford, much better software, a PITA to program and much less features. Component quality much better than current DEI Clifford.
On a practical, i.e. user point of view I can't stand it, you'll need lots of patience to use it properly.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2015 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
You could install say a Clifford/Viper/Avital 5X10 as a one piece including by-pass.
With the 5.1 You've got:-
Alarm inc. Blackjax.
Remote Start Unit.
Immobiliser by-pass.
Hence the extra labour.
And depending on importance to you; one way rather than two way paging remote plus 1/4 to 1/3 the range.
cedcodgy1450 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2015 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cedcodgy1450
My main reason for choosing clifford is for the blackjax feature, so if I go with this clifford/viper/avital combo install you recommend, would it be an easier install & I'll still have the blackjax?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2015 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
No, Blackjax requires a Clifford G5 unit, Clifford only.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic