the12volt.com spacer
icon

smart start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wfd410 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2014 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wfd410
I have a Viper 5906v with the DBall2 D2D in my 2006 Honda Accord. I am adding a viper vsm250 Smart Start. When installing the VSM250 I connected the black pin into the bitwriter port, connect the red wire to power, the black wire to ground, the gray wire to ground and the didn't do anything with the white wire. I get a solid orange light but no green light at all.
howie (aka: harryharris)
Silver - Posts: 355
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2014 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote harryharris
Start again this time don't connect the gray wire.
Test before boxing up.
wfd410 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2014 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wfd410
That worked. You are a freakin genius. Thank you.
howie (aka: harryharris)
Silver - Posts: 355
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2014 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote harryharris
Funnily enough I've never even bothered with the gray wire, I usually install 5X04 units, always do the Smartstart last and the only time I ever had a problem was a guy who upgraded the OS on his iPhone, I made him dump the APP and reload it, bingo!
Test before boxing up.
tommyjerzboy 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2015 at 1:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tommyjerzboy
Can I ask where exactly is everyone connecting the red & black wire to? I know to power & ground but where exactly sorry if it sounds like a dumb question I'm installing a SmartStart for the first time. Thank you in advance
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2015 at 2:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
The 15 amp RED at H1 (before that fuse) and a 3 amp fuse for the SmartStart plus the black at H1.
tommyjerzboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2015 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tommyjerzboy
Thanks guys spliced it into the Red in H1 and grounded the black to chasis, first problem for some reason was all the warning lights came on, then they went away by themselves, only engine code light that's on now on the dtc report is U1411 Implausible Fuel Volume Signal, I cleared it and it comes right back on, also after I got it all working yesterday, waking up today and trying to start the jeep from the SmartStart app I keep getting an error box pop up on the app stating the request has timed out (51) any help on these issues would be appreciated thank you in advance
tommyjerzboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2015 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tommyjerzboy
Well drove it around a few times and seems it corrected itself hopefully

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic