94 Acura Integra LS Door Lock Wire?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aqueous20000 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2014 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
It's my first time installing a car alarm, I have located most of the wires under the dash; however, I am having a lot of trouble locating the power door lock wires.
I did extensive research, and found the wiring diagrams that state the wires are under the kick panel behind the relay of the cruise control module.
I disconnected that cruise control relay, removed the bracket to get to the large gray plug and did not see the respective wires (BLACK/ red and black white) for the door locks. I even disconnected the gray plug, but I still had power to the door locks, so I am at a loss as to where to start looking for these wires.
Do you guys have any suggestions?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2014 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
Can you lock all doors from the passenger side?
aqueous20000 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2014 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
Yes I can from the passenger side as well. I am assuming you're not talking about when I had the gray plug pulled, because that I did not check.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2014 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  
There's a simple trick, not recommended here but on a 94 you won't do any harm.
Use a Snap-On or similar incandescent bulb test light or even a side marker light fitting with a bulb in it from a car wreckers yard.
With one end to a good ground probe all the wires on that grey plug with the other end.
If it's correct you will activate lock and unlock.
Also look in passenger kickpanel.
Without further knowledge I'm guessing you might have more than one plug in that location.
aqueous20000 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2014 at 6:25 AM / IP Logged  
I do own a test light and a multimeter. I will try your test with the test light this weekend.
I am assuming I leave the plug connected when I do this test, correct?
Also, you are right, there was a second smaller gray plug; however I did not check that plug because numerous websites only indicated the larger of the gray plugs house the door lock wires.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2014 at 6:36 AM / IP Logged  
You are correct about leaving the plug connected.
Also make sure that the key isn't in the ignition and the doors are shut (or hold in the door switch).
That's why though I've done literally 1000's of alarms and remote starts I use the info as a guideline, it isn't gospel, that's why we test and verify. Hence, if the large grey doesn't work, try the small grey.
For example, Hondas at the time were made in Japan, the USA, UK and France, the Euro, UK and France was a 5 door sedan!
And all had different locking systems.
aqueous20000 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2014 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged  
I see. I will definitely try it this weekend.
Assuming I try this and it is not in either of the gray plugs, should I start disconnecting plugs in dash near the fusebox, obviously staying away from all yellow harnesses, as I understand this is for the SRS system, until I find which plug takes power away from my door locks?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2014 at 8:39 AM / IP Logged  
Other option is the passenger window switch.
aqueous20000 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2014 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry for the delay in responding, I was able to find the wires for the unit. Driver side door locks worked when I unplugged the harness, but I didn't check the passenger side, that was my mistake. Tough to get in there but finally did it.
Thanks.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic