the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper tuning sensors, why faulting?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2016 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Find the shock sensor adjust the small potentiometer with a 2.5 mm screwdriver.
Or download the full instructions from Viper.com/support.
jsnali13 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2016 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsnali13
the shock sensor is built into the brain.  I've searched the internet but can only find 5901 or 5701 models.  there are videos showing how to adjust the sensor by the LC3 remote, i just cant get it to work.
jsnali13 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2016 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsnali13
i downloaded the manual and it just says if the shock sensor is not sensitive enough or too sensitive, contact an authorized dealer for them to adjust it.
jasonali13 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2016 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jasonali13
so i finally got a bitwriter. after pulling out the brain of my 5706v, i noticed it does come with a shock sensor instead of it being builtin. the shock sensor doesnt look like it has an adjustment screw so i used the bitwriter. the only thing i dont know is, is the higher the number the more sensitive the shock sensor gets? or is it the lower number?
I tried the higher number and attached the shock sensor of a fairly loose wire harness. yet if i stand out side the armed car and hit it... it does nothing.
justjacked27 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2017 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote justjacked27
I have a 5901 built in shock sensor on a larger car it probably depends on where its hit and where the sensor is what model shock sensor is that? my manual 5901 says not to install on steering column or bare metal. I was thinking about adding an external. Can you sit in your armed car and tap the shock sensor?
Looking for the TJ Voice Synthesizer 4/12 In Damascus Maryland 10/09
jsnali13 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2017 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsnali13
Hi justjacked27
I found i do have the double shock sensor and it was mounted to solid metal. I removed it and mounted it to some lose wires.. seems to work a bit better on one side of my car... but going around the car gets worse and worse especially towards the back. A bump sets off the alarn fully around the driver side.. but the passenger side pretty much nothing. I have a ford escape. I did get a proximity sensor but havent hooked it up yet. Not sure how or were and where i live now.. not really any installers.
Double shock sensor 504 i think is the number.
justjacked27 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2017 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote justjacked27
You can add multiple sensors if you want, run them in parallel(one thing I'm not sure about is if they can take backward current so you might need to use diodes on output triggers of 2 504 units). I'm not sure if your unit has enough power to supply 2 or more sensors but you can use a different power source, or use the alarm to turn on a relay that runs your sensors. I just got a few Sensors still learning but I do know you can add as many as you want just don't try and pull too much power from the alarm. I'm adding the 504 to the back of my car I think. Did you put your 504 in the center or car? You need to do that for the proximity sensor. I have SUV like yours    Proximity, my problem is center console is a pain to get in and seats effect it, try and get it as close as you can to the back of two front seats back so it can do all four windows otherwise your going to set sensitivity too high for the front two windows to get the back two, mine won't get the back window, it may but I would have to set sensitivity way to high, might add a second and set them both low.
justjacked27 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2017 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote justjacked27
Also says to keep away from light wires, best mounted on something like an a/c duct. try zip tie or double sided tape, since it's a shock sensor a zip tie against it may be better, double sided tape may insulate it and make it less sensitive. I'll try to test a 504d tomorrow.
jsnali13 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2017 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsnali13
Yeah i read the proximity sensor should go in the middle of the vehicle preferably in the headliner, but i have a sunroof which might make that hard. I seen post where its installed in the centre console box lid.. so was thinking of trying it that way.
Im sure i read you need diods to run more then one sensor.. but im very basic and dont really have knowledge of diods and relays are a bit confusing still lol
Would you know the wires for the sunroof motor? I also have a 529t i wanted to use with the sunroof but cant find anything on wires for a 2005 ford escape.
Thanks a lot for all your posts and suggestions
jsnali13 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2017 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsnali13
Hi Jutjacked27
I've added the proximity sensor. ran the wires under the center console and the unit is zipped tied to under the box opening in the center console. fairly easy to pull up the center console to run the wires.
only problem is... it seems to only monitor the side windows and side of the car.
were you able to run another shock sensor to the back of your car? and where did you mount it? I already have an extra shock sensor, so not sure if I should use that or order another proximity sensor and place it in the back somewhere
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic