the12volt.com spacer
icon

honda 125i led bulb conversion, ac dc

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2014 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote oldspark
Ok, at long last...
My suggestion is:
- disconnect Yellow at the REGULATOR/RECTIFIER;
- bridge Yellow to Black at the 9P MINI (else other convenient location like Brake Switches or Turn Relay)
That moves the Yellow circuit beams (hi & lo) and tail and front position lights to the 10A fused Turn & Brake "12V DC" circuit.
It keeps the moved Yellow circuit with other lighting as opposed to the ignition stuff (ECU, injectors etc) NOTING the fuse & power path... (see below).
Please check the paths yourself as well as my info below.
It may contradict some earlier stuff - I seem to often misread my A4 copy (where's the A3 print that I marked up?).
But IMO logically it makes sense - ie merely moving the "noisy" yellow lights to the "smooth DC" battery backed 10A fused VO2 "other lights" circuit.
And the 9 pin MINI connector (upper 9P in the wiring diagram, NOT the diagram's lower 9P MINI R) looks like a good location for the joining/bridging/reconnection of the disconnected Yellow lighting.     
FYI - the fuse & power paths include:
Battery+ (+12V) to the starter relay (Red), or separately thru the MAIN FUSE 15A either:
- to RECTIFIER/REGULATOR Red/Yellow (ie, charging from the alternator), ELSE...
- via FUSE 10A the Black/Red to (the dash &) IGNITION SWITCH BAT2 and thence VO2 Black and 9PIN MINI connector to brake switches etc.
IGNITION SWITCH Red BAT1 from RECTIFIER/REGULATOR Red (regulated DC) out thru VO1 Black/Blue to IgCoil, injector, Fuel Pump Relay & Starter Relay etc).   
sblogz 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2014 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sblogz
Awesome!
Thanks Oldspark!
I preliminarily did the wiring today and it works. No time for checking with the voltmeter or really anything else. I will do more work on tomorrow / Saturday when I have more time.
Pictures and more feedback to follow!
Thanks again!!
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2014 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote oldspark
No smoke?
Phew! honda 125i led bulb conversion, ac dc - Page 2 -- posted image.
I sometimes get worried when I keep "reinterpreting" wiring diagrams.
(Like the ECU etc +12V source coming via the starter relay instead of whatever battery-fuse (ignition switch) link I thought it came from. But that's where I liked the simple 9P MINI "logical" approach.)
Whether it's eyes line crossing on smallish A4 diagrams or faulty brain connections I'm not sure, but both seem age related. honda 125i led bulb conversion, ac dc - Page 2 -- posted image. honda 125i led bulb conversion, ac dc - Page 2 -- posted image.
edynyblom 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2015 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote edynyblom
Your idea is looking working.It will reduce power consumption and also the chances of malfunction will be less. Because the names of all the devices you mentioned here will work efficiently on the direct battery operated Dc power. Also it will reduce the need of bulky alternator.
Edy
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic