the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 5706v w/ idatalink 2014 sub outback

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
antmailster 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2014 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote antmailster
for clarity "During my first attempt to r/s in virtual tach (tach wire disconnected), the car remained started. " This means that I changed Viper menu option to virtual tach, then pressed r/s on remote. The viper tries 3 attempts to r/s and on the third attempt by viper to r/s, the car stayed running.
Tim
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2014 at 5:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Sorry for the confusion on the ignition wires.  Think I was looking only at the first wire chart and not the second. 

While you could use a relay for Starter2, because it is a rather important wire, I prefer to use the Vipers Flex relay

for that wire.  Just a matter of programming the Menu 3, Item 8.  Doing it this way, the Viper handles everything
except the Accessory2 wire.   The relay setup you have now for Starter2 could be switched over to the ACC2 wiring
shown in my post.  Adding the quenching diode across the coil is a good idea.

The Viper should be able to learn the Tach signal.   The 7V AC Tach signal sounds OK and it should rise slightly

with RPM's.  Two other options :  Even though you are running in D2D mode with the ADS "DL" module, hardwire
the bypass' Tach output wire to the Vipers Tach Input wire or go directly to a F.I. wire at the engine.  Make sure you
program the Viper back to Tach Mode and then do the Tach Learn process. 

Did you do the Shutdown Diagnostics on the Viper?  It might give some good info on the issue.

Do the Parking Lights flash with a lock or unlock?  If yes, leave the Viper Parking Light jumper at (-) and the White

Parking Light output wire connected to the vehicles (-) Parking Light wire.  Your connection is good and the Vipers
Parking Light output is working.

Soldering is fun!
antmailster 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2014 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote antmailster
Vehicle still dies a few seconds after r/s, but some progress has been made.
Parking lights work now with Viper remote lock/unlock. Had to go to (+) polarity wire and switch jumper to (+). I think this is because Viper sends ~12V signal on output, but my Subaru uses a 7V signal on (-) polarity wire or 12V on (+) polarity wire.
I picked up tach signal from fuel injector. I read OV on wire when vehicle is OFF; ~12V when ingition is in ON position; ~13V to 14V when engine is running. Voltage drops a little when I press gas pedal down and then quickly rebounds. I set Viper Menu 3 Item 2 to Opt 4 Tachometer. I learned the tach and got a single parking light flash indicating Analog source. Interestingly, if I disconnect tach wire and try to learn tach, I get two parking light flashes indicating tach is learned from D2D interface module.
Shutdown diagnostics indicate 3, 4, and 9 flashes:
3 flashes: low or no RPM
4 flashes: transmitter shutdown (or optional push button)
9 flashes: low battery (voltage mode)
I do not know what to do with that information though. Weird part about "transmitter shutdown" is that I never stopped the r/s by pressing the remote shutdown button. Also, after the third failed attempt to r/s my transmitter remote simply says "remote start OFF" rather than displaying "remote start ERROR" like I used to get.
Anything else I can check or try to get my r/s working?
Tim
antmailster 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2014 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote antmailster
*correction* tach wire reads 1.0 VAC when running idle, and up to ~ 7 VAC when I press gas pedal quickly.
Tim
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2014 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Have you tried Virtual Tach Mode?  Might be worth a try to see if the symptoms change.
Soldering is fun!
antmailster 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2014 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote antmailster
In virtual tach mode, engine cuts out a few seconds after r/s; same response.
Earlier today, I put multimeter red lead to +12V constant and black lead to H2/5 DARK BLUE (-) 200mA STATUS OUTPUT from Viper. I measured 0V when I press r/s button, but 12V otherwise. Later, after all of my tinkering, I believe something has happened to GWR. Now I read ~11.9V on GWR during r/s and 12V otherwise.
Also, since GWR doesn't seem to work, my immobilizer module doesn't get signal to start, so now engine doesn't try to crank during r/s.
Not really sure where to go from here. Am I missing a wire?
Tim
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2014 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Forget using a DMM the real way to test that wire is to use a test light with an incandescent bulb, POS side to a constant 12V+ and NEG side to the GWR wire.
Use either the second status wire or the pink NEG wire on your H2 plug.
mlurker 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2017 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mlurker
Hello. Have you installed viper on your OB? Did you connect rear defogger? Is so, could you please share details about how to do it.
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic