the12volt.com spacer
icon

06 ion no remote start after gm recall

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
83trekker 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2014 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 83trekker
So GM did the ignition switch recall on my 06 Ion, Gm then said I have to reprogram the remotes for the remote starter to work, its a compustar and I programmed the remotes as per compustar. The door locks all work. when i take the car out of valet mode and try the remote starter the Passlock kicks in and locks me out until I put it in valet mode and wait 10 minutes. anybody been able to fix this after the ignition switch recall? Any suggestions? Worked perfect till gm put in a new ignition switch. Thanks
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2014 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote metz35
relearn the bypass.
pentavolvo 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2014 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pentavolvo
metz35 wrote:
relearn the bypass.
X2. Been doing a bunch of these lately
83trekker 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2014 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 83trekker
Ok the bypass for the compustar do you mean? And if so do you know how I would do that?
I really appreciated this!!
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2014 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparkie
The bypass module that interfaces with the Passlock system needs to relearn the new ignition switch values. It is separate from the Compustar remote starter. You have to determine which one is installed and then reprogram it.
sparky
83trekker 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2014 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 83trekker
Sorry this is new to me, so is this GM module in the car or a separate module from the remote start install?
How do I program it?
cvsct698 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2014 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cvsct698
Depends on the remote start you have. If you have something like a CS -600 it will definitely be a separate box. It is possible, but less likely, that it may be integrated in the remote start itself. This could be the case if you have a CM-6000 or similar control module. What model remote start do you have?
auto enhancers 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2014 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote auto enhancers
I would suggest taking it to a remote start installation facility, It may be as easy as relearning the bypass but I have seen where some GM techs have cut the wires to the passloc system meaning they will be needing reconnected.
83trekker 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2014 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 83trekker
Most of the places wont touch it unless they are the ones that install it, bought the car with it already installed and don't know where it was installed, all they do is offer to sell you a new one. So tonight I will see what model of compustar I have and post it and hope fully somebody can tell me or lead me to a manual for the relearn, thanks all cant afford to buy a new one and its getting cold here.
auto enhancers 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2014 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote auto enhancers
Where are you located at, I know shops all over that will work on the system as long as it is installed properly
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic