the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 hummer h3 dei1603 issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
macraeauto 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2015 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote macraeauto
well - I didnt tell the whole story to save time. this customer of mine recently got the H3 and had received no FOB's at all. So, me being a former Hummer dealer guy (the only reason i decied to do the RS in the first place)used my resources to research and find out that yes indeed this h3 had keyless and got two new (knock off) factory remotes for him whilst doing said RS....hence my stubborn-ness to let them go and do a whole different system.
In regards to the system I was aware it needs a negative trigger. I grabbed a wire coming out of the BCM and was able to get it to trigger and activate the system. strangely the directions say two pulse of the lock button to activate. and when i do that it sets off the factory horn alarm and still tries to start. So in my experimentation i found that two pulses of lock button followed by one quick unlock got rid of the horn. but the consistent starting is the problem. and i can not find a pattern to what it is doing. sometimes it starts and runs fine. sometimes it starts and stalls. sometimes i let it sit and it works fine one time and then every time after it stalls. the lack of a pattern was making me cuckoo. i found two diagrams for the resistor and relay bypass online (the audiovox one and the directed electronics one) and they were very slightly different but both had the same results no matter which way i wired it. the seller i got it from was going to give me the bypass (to shut me up) and then decided to refund my money and told me i was right and their bypass wouldnt work anyways. so that why I was researching bypasses and also different units today to see which route i wanted to go.....I read so much stuff online saying the bypasses dont work well for this trucks ignition/start system so i was dubious. Fortunately my customer is a very patient man while i research all this....
macraeauto 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2015 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote macraeauto
so im installing an Avital 4105 with a flashlogic FLCAN module pre-programmed for me by the seller. all hooked up and....... nothing...remotes are working , RS indicator light is flashing but no starter activation or even dash power up....looking at all the chart for the FLCAN and i only hooked up the dome light on the dome/door(-) input and without a diode. im thinking i should hookup the door switch too although for the life of me i cant see the difference with one or both on that same wire....why do i need diodes on that (negative signal?) line? and of course the instructions for the RS say to go to the website for more info but im not a seller/installer so i cant access it....
macraeauto 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2015 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote macraeauto
follow up: hooked up both the dome and door (-) input wires on the same wire to the FLCAN module but without the diodes (if the two radio shacks in my area dont have em, who will?) and still no apparent activation....kind of at a loss for why this thin wont power up. I put the FLCAN in data mode and didnt do all the optional hookups to the R/S because of that, but i dont think i have missed anything...obviously i have...be nice if i could actually access the Directech website without being a dealer/installer..... #frustrated
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2015 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Perhaps if you listed your actual wire connections...
Remember that the Type 3 install diagram does not show the Viper 4105 ignition wire connections to the vehicle. It only shows the needed bypass module connections. You still need to connect the Viper Pink Ignition1 wire and the Orange Accessory wire to the H3. They go to the same place as the FLCAN input connections. Also not shown are the two Red fused Viper power input wires, they, too need to get connected. Actually there are many Viper conations not shown that need to be made, from the Parking Lights to Chasssis ground.
Soldering is fun!
macraeauto 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2015 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote macraeauto
ok. im sitting in my bed on the laptop so i can partially go from memory and some from what i looked at earlier - this is the diagram for the FLACAN - see "type 3" page 8 on this PDF: http://cdncontent2.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/DL-GM4/FLC-AL(DL)-GM4-EN_20150714.pdf
all the stuff in orange it says are NOT required because i am using the datalink line, correct?? in the RS box it says required but below it says not required if using datalink cable. I've done everything else on this sheet as instructed except for the diodes on the two-in -one line going to the dome/door inside the dotted box....lemme see if i can find that crappy diagram from the Avital......
macraeauto 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2015 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote macraeauto
so here are pics of the install info from the Directed/Avital RS unit. (box says 4103 - instructions say 4105) figured it was faster. Anything with a check mark i have hooked up. just going for minimal to get it going before i add any switches or other stuff . this is #1 of 2 pics. It seems like there are several things which go thru the FLCAN bypass so they dont need to be hooked up on the RS which might be where i am getting in trouble. like that white "activation input" - got NO idea where that could go if I even need it.
macraeauto 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2015 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote macraeauto
2006 hummer h3 dei1603 issues - Page 2 -- posted image.
macraeauto 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2015 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote macraeauto
2006 hummer h3 dei1603 issues - Page 2 -- posted image.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2015 at 7:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

It looks like you have most of the necessary Viper wires connected.  The Lock and Unlock wires are not needed.  They are handled

via the D2D connection, like the other dashed orange lines. 

I would think that the Viper should at least bring up the ignition power during a remote start attempt.  There is no need for Tach Mode

in that vehicle as it has "one-touch" starting.  I would set the Viper to fixed crank time ( Engine Checking to OFF ) of 1 second.

There is Remote Start Shutdown Diagnostics you can run on the Viper.

Viper is not my normal brand but I remember some issues with them in switching between ESP/BitWriter Mode and DBI D2D Mode.

Not sure if that applies to your unit.  Here is the procedure to set the Viper to DBI D2D mode :
 Avital /  Python BitWriter/ESP to DBI mode port change over.

To use as D2D mode follow the below steps:

1. Remove all power from the Avital R/S brain.
2. Make sure Avital's WHITE/ Blue activation wire is grounded.
3. Power the unit up. The system LED flashes for 5 seconds to confirm D2D mode change.
4. Remove the WHITE/ Blue wire from ground.  ( Do this cleanly, without pulsing the WHITE/ Blue wire.)

The other issue could be the the FLCAN.  It should be flashed to GM4 firmware.  Next you must set it to Data Mode and lock that in.

Finally, it must be programmed to the vehicle.  The procedure is detailed at the end of the install guide.

The Vipers Activation wire is not used in your application.

Soldering is fun!
macraeauto 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2015 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote macraeauto
I was wondering if the RS had to be switched to the data mode....but there was NOTHING in the "instructions" about how to do it....I DID switch the FLCAN to data mode as per the instructions. after that I tried to do the programming of the FLCAN with the key on/acc/run/start but never got the light to flash indicating it was programmed. but yet it doesnt flash any other lights when trying to start it either.and yes, supposedly it was programmed prior to delivery with gm firmware. i was suspecting a communication issue with the RS
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic