the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 4706v

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jimd2p 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2014 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jimd2p
Hello all. Haven't been on here in forever. I am installing a Viper remote start 4706v on my 2014 Ram 1500. I am using the idatalink bypass module. I am also adding a Directed 535t window controller, and will trigger the defroster on too.
I have a pretty good understanding of everything with the diagrams I have, and also have access to all vehicle diagrams at work. It looks like this unit has a wire already to trigger the defroster.
The truck has a module for each door window so it looks like my wiring will be a little more involved there. One question I have is that since this is not an alarm and I don't have the siren wire to trigger the windows up when arming, what wire on the remote start could I use so when I lock the doors it will trigger the windows to go up?
Any information you can give me before digging in to this would be most appreciated.
Jim
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2014 at 3:54 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
I*s there not an orange ground when locked wire?
If not use an aux, link to lock and time it for 10 secs. feed to the orange 535 inputs.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2014 at 3:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
I just wasted two minutes of my life and went to the site, H2/6 orange.
jimd2p 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2014 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jimd2p
Thanks for the help, though a bit snarky. Not something I do all the time, and when I was on here in the past I was always more than helpful with wiring diagrams and such. I'm an auto mechanic, not an installer so forgive my ignorance when it comes to some things. No need to be like that.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2014 at 1:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Snarky?
No.
Attitude because you mentioned access to diagrams.
Did you read them?
manbear1 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2015 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote manbear1
Is viper 4704v same as 4706v installation guide???
james t wheeler
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2015 at 3:08 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Yes
manbear1 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2015 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote manbear1
THANKS HowieII
james t wheeler
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2015 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Antenna, lead and remotes differ but wiring installation and operation are the same.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic