icon

2013 toyota venza smart key

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zitomd 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2015 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  
Trying to install the Fortin Bypass along with a Avital 4103 so that I can have "Key Take-over" IE I don't want to have the car shutdown when I unlock the door to get in which is what the Fortin Evo-All would do without the additional remote start.
Need help determining where wires are for a Remote Start. Some info indicates under the dash, some info indicates behind the glovebox. My concern is that with the Push to Start, some wire locations are moved. Fortin does indicate that the 2013+ are different than the 2009 + 2012 Venzas if that helps get the correct information.
Fortin's instructions are 80% there. No mention on where to connect the "While Running" wire. No mention that you need to connect the Neutral Safety switch, etc. Your help is appreciated.
auto enhancers 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2015 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  
need more info, what bypass from fortin are you using, are you using a rs firmware or regular firmware.The reason you don't see other years listed as they are unchanged. Page 2 shows what to do with the gwr wire assuming that you are using a evo all in standard mode. NSS has to be hooked up. that will be in your dei instructions not fortin.
I have always wondered why the take over is such a big deal for toyotas. some people just have to have it.
zitomd 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2015 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  
Yes it is the evo all. The reason for take over is 1 that's how all my other cars worked. 2 start the car as you are walking towards it to get the fluids going. 3 start the car and load up the groceries kids dog in laws etc. On my non PTS cars I also used it for the pit stop mode to run in the house for a forgotten item while the wife and kids stay warm in the car. Summer to cool it off. Just found it supper annoying to start the car then open the door to start it again.
Anyways, have the NSS tied to ground. But still looking for a constant 12v in the passenger kick and the so called drivers door pin to turn off the auto lights.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic