icon

2011 camry + avital 4003 + dball2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
daedalarcanum 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2015 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  
Hi all, thanks in advance for any help. I'm doing this install this weekend and I'm looking for any tips. I'm doing the install at my brother's house for my dad, so I'm trying to plan what I will need to have on hand.
No push-to-start, no hybrid, no G key, it does have the keyless built in to the key. I think that means it is a standard key (type 1 install on the dball2). I've gotten wiring guides from readyremote & comando alarms; they look consistent. Looks like I will need a relay for the 2nd starter; got that info from this site.
Will I be able to trigger the 4003 properly from the (-) door lock trigger? [ blue (passenger door switch) @ dash fuse box, white 12 pin plug (J), pin 3 ]
Again, thanks in advance for any tips!
--Brandon--
Indianapolis, IN
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2015 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  

Don't have an install guide for a 4003, but I'm assuming that it has a (+) Trigger input.  Typically you will connect that to the

Drivers Door Lock Motor wire as shown below : 
Lock Motor     Red  (5 wire)     @ driver kick, white 25 pin plug, pin 9

Not sure with a DB-ALL2*, but on Toyota products, the remote Keyless entry get disabled while the engine is running.  That

would mean that you will be able to remote start the car with the Factory FOB and 3 locks commands in a row, however once
the engine is running you will have to use a key to unlock the door....   ( *Some bypass modules on some cars get around this
issue )

If you wanted a real basic R/S system, a 4113 will work ( except PitStop Mode, due to the lock issue ).  A better choice would be

a 4103 - two extra 4 button FOB's to carry but 4 times the range and no worries with the Factory RKE, use the 4103 Lock & Unblock.

Soldering is fun!
daedalarcanum 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2015 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged  
Kreg, thanks for your feedback. The install went pretty smoothly.
The blue (-) door lock trigger did not activate when using the OEM remote, so I did have to use the red (+) lock motor wire with a relay to change it to a (-) since the 4003 has a negative trigger activtion input.
The dball2 does override the OEM restriction and allow the doors to be unlocked with the OEM remote when the car is remote started. That was a nice surprise.
One potential issue is that the dball2 didn't seem to be monitoring the OEM hood pin; it would start with the hood open. Had to use the hood pin input on the 4003.
Hope this info helps someone.
--Brandon--

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic