icon

wiring 2 leds for turn and park

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
snappytravis 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2015 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
I am in the process of building a 69 Camaro. I have two halo headlights from Oracle lighting that I plan on running h4 bulbs in. The halos in the headlights are triggered by ground and have two wires constant power that I hooked to the parklight wire and ground wire. I then have ordered smaller halo rings for a newer set of fog lamps off a gmc truck, I will install the amber/white led ring in the fog lamps. I thought they would be triggered off a positive feed wire, There not they have 3 wires, The positive wire, the ground wire that activates the amber and ground that activates white leds. So what I am trying to do is have the light switch in park position and have white leds in 7 inch headlight on and have white 3 inch on in the fog/turn lamp below in the valance panel. Then when I turn on the lights, the h4 bulbs come on and the halos stay on as well. Then when I use turn signals, I want the white in the park/fog lamp to go off and amber come on then return to white once turn signal is canceled. I then plan to run the fog lamp in the middle of the light on a different switch. It is just a regular bulb.
Is there a way I can do this with relays. I understand I need a electronic flasher. Should I just eliminate the white halo in the park lamp and get a single amber halo. Thanks ahead of time for any advice. I am open for any suggestions
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2015 at 5:49 AM / IP Logged  
Have a look at at the various exledusa TPC modules. Instead of LEDs they should be able to drive relays - tho I'd add spike suppression diodes.
To use relays you have to rewire so that the flasher switch uses relays to connect the flasher can & bulbs (instead of the switch connecting the can to the lights). That's unless you want to use big caps for relay switching delays (ie, stay on whilst the can is flashing), but there's still the "logical" wiring of switches etc to get the combinations you want.
Mixing ground switching with +12V switching can make things complicated - usually a relay else transistor is required to invert & match polarities.
Some lighting combinations are better solved using PICAXES etc. (I'd expect those exLEDusa & similar modules to use a 8-pin PICAXE or simalar.)   

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic