the12volt.com spacer
icon

adding additional accessory to door locking

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bach939 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2015 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bach939
davep. wrote:
Here's my idea. Sorry for the crude sketch.
The flaw in this circuit is that 3 relays will be energized when the valve is ON, and the doors are unlocked. 450ma draw. About 10 Amp Hrs in 24 hours. You might consider a toggle switch in the power to the array to turn it off if you are dry-camping. If you are plugged-in at a park, no biggie. The draw won't hurt a thing. There is 0-draw when the array is turned off with a LOCK input. (The valve will also CLOSE). You could use the switch so the valve would stay in its current state (when the switch is turned OFF) regardless of what you do with the power locks.
Have fun...
```````````````````````````````````````
Description:
The bottom 2 relays receive pulses from the lock module.
When unlocked, the lower left relay latches on, and also turns on the upper relays. (Blue circuit in diagram)
The lower right relay when locked, releases the latch, and the relays all turn off.
The upper relays #30 are the output to the motor. The #87 N/O contacts are OPEN polarity when the array is latched ON. The #87a N/C contacts are CLOSE polarity to the motor, when the array is released.
There is a legend in the upper right that has the terminal numbers for the relays.
The text fields are too small. Here's the description of the functions of wire colors:
Red on left = + 12Volts, Hot at all times, or optional switch. See opening paragraph.
Black on left = Ground
Blue at bottom left = (+) Lock input. Brn/wht at lock module. Note the diode. Band towards relay.
Green at bottom right = (+) Unlock input. Pur/wht at lock module.
Green at Top = Output to motor wire that is (+) to CLOSE
Yellow at Top = Output to motor wire that is (+) to OPEN.
adding additional accessory to door locking - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Are you suggesting to use DEI 528T as "old spark" states?
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2015 at 11:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote oldspark
Hey Jim, not that I'm one for interim responses... (LOL - I'm between wash cycles.)
But FYI my basic idea is something like the following as per REUK.co.uk's Automatic Hen House Door Closer Opener, namely:
adding additional accessory to door locking - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
That's with a view to BOTH closing the valve upon exit/lock and reopening upon entry/unlock, and it's in principle only - I'll consider meshing with your two DEI 528Ts later.
The DEI528Ts might do it alone since they have SPDT relay outputs (I think... adding additional accessory to door locking - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. ) - and your motor is well under 1A - but I'm looking at the 528Ts self powering off plus integration with your existing manual switch. (Maybe swapping the +12V to the relays' NO contacts and adding a few diodes...?)
The power-off may not be required but I'm assuming the 528Ts use a standard 555 timer and hence present a constant drain of 10mA (hence 20mA total) which tho ok for a vehicle that is run every few days may not be good for a motorhome etc that sits idle for lengthy periods. (Of course a master on-off switch could be fitted to disable the 528Ts when not required for lengthy periods.)
I did look at H-bridge circuits since your valve uses similar or less current than a typical automotive relay (was it 80mA?), but I considered them too impracticable for your application - ie, soldering; non-commercially readily available sparts; etc.
Anyhow, the washing has stopped and it's still 33°C (91°F) outside. Cool!
bach939 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2015 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bach939
This subject us closed with success thanks for the help members!
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic