the12volt.com spacer
icon

2011 traverse excalibur rs-330-edp / ol rs232

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
t1t0 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2015 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote t1t0
Help me figure this out!
Bought a used 2011 Traverse. No key fob came with vehicle. Purchased replacement OEM fobs and programed to car. When you hit lock 2x on remote, horn sounds and remote start activates. Pressing lock 1x does lock doors.
Took knee panel off and confirmed Excalibur Rs-330-EDP and Omegalink RS232 port installed. Could not find valet antenna/button.
I dont mind the aftermarket setup but my wife is used to pressing the lock button twice to confirm vehicle locked. I figured they would have programmed it for 3x lock remote start.
Questions:
Can I buy a spare Omega remote and program with this setup?
Am I able to change programming with current setup to 3x lock remote start?
Dont really want to screw anything up.
t1t0 in DFW
t1t0 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2015 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote t1t0
unit pics:
2011 traverse excalibur rs-330-edp / ol rs232 -- posted image.
2011 traverse excalibur rs-330-edp / ol rs232 -- posted image.
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2015 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote prdjr165
you need an excalibur remote to program installer feature #1 to 3 presses of the OEM remote.
program procedure:
turn ign key to on.
within 5 seconds press valet switch on antenna 10 times-horn will honk and status light will turn on.
within 10 seconds press switch once -horn will honk-lights will flash once for feature one.
press trunk button on remote then the lights will flash 3 times to
acknowledge choice.
to exit programming turn key on.
t1t0 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2015 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote t1t0
prdjr165 wrote:
you need an excalibur remote to program installer feature #1 to 3 presses of the OEM remote.
program procedure:
turn ign key to on.
within 5 seconds press valet switch on antenna 10 times-horn will honk and status light will turn on.
within 10 seconds press switch once -horn will honk-lights will flash once for feature one.
press trunk button on remote then the lights will flash 3 times to
acknowledge choice.
to exit programming turn key on.
Thanks for the reply. I have the manual/prog instructions I found online.
Problem is unit does not have the valet switch. Can I use the program button on the rs232 module?
I can find the remotes online for $20. Just want to make sure if I buy one and connect/pair remote, then program feature that it won't screw anything else up.
t1t0 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2015 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote t1t0
Does it have to have the valet switch? There is nothing mounted on windshield and looking under steering wheel I could not locate one.
prdjr165 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2015 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote prdjr165
they probably didnt install the antenna because they were using the OEM remotes,your gonna have to buy a remote kit that comes with an antenna to do it.
t1t0 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2015 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote t1t0
prdjr165 wrote:
they probably didnt install the antenna because they were using the OEM remotes,your gonna have to buy a remote kit that comes with an antenna to do it.
Yeah, I figured I would.
Just bought the remote and generic valet switch on ebay. Hopefully I can get this completed this weekend.
I am going to look at it again and see if there is a plug where the switch goes. This would be the blue port on the RS330 module right?
prdjr165 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2015 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote prdjr165
the blue 2 pin port on thr RS33O is correct.
t1t0 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2015 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote t1t0
prdjr165 wrote:
the blue 2 pin port on thr RS33O is correct.
got the remote and switch delivered but couldnt get it working.
Turned ignition on, press switch 5 times within 5 seconds, no horn.
When they say turn ignition "on" I assume this is the electrics, not actually start the vehicle.
Am I doing something wrong? Could the module be missing something that assists in programming?
If I have to take it to an installer, how much would I be looking at for pairing remote and changing installing feature (lock 3x remote start)?
ANy recommendations for reputable installer in DFW TX?
Thanks
prdjr165 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2015 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote prdjr165
maybe the horn isn't connected from the RS330-try turning ignition on-press switch 5x-pause then press lock on new remote-key off.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic