the12volt.com spacer
icon

Keyless entry and alarm, 2002 Chevy Impala

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
drewart 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2015 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote drewart
Hello all,
I am looking to get all the information I need in one spot. I have tried jumping around the site reading different forums but get lost really quick.
I am looking to install a keyless entry with a alarm on a 2002 chevy impala base. I am not interested in installing a remote start so if that takes out a few steps then it's a plus.
Also, what systems would y'all recommend?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2015 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
Viper 211HV
Avital - 2101L
those would be the quality but costly ~65
CM800S keyless entry and remote start. You can leave the remote start portion disconnected. ~65 as well
or any cheap ebay no name brand keyless will do as well. After-all, its only keyless entry. ~30
Tons of brands, pick whatever fits your budget.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2015 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Ted, OP was asking for alarm as well as k/entry.
Suggest in ascending price:-
Avital 3100.
Viper 3203
Viper 3303
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2015 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
other options, increasing in price as well
Compustar CS700-A
Viper 3105
Avital 3300
Viper 3606
Compustar CS5102A
Viper 3305
missed the alarm part
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
drewart 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2015 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote drewart
Thank you guys! One question I have is that I have seen the other posts that say I need a 480 ohm resistor on the lock side with a relay system. The problem I am facing is that I cannot find a 480 resistor. will I need to combine a 10 ohm and 470 ohm? Also, does it matter if it is a 1/4 or 1/2 watt resistor?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2015 at 8:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
1/4 watt is fine, 470R will do.
If you buy a cheaper unit with only 2 lock/unlock wires you'll need a DEI 451 relay to drive or overcome the resistor.
This comes with a wide selection of resistors.
If the lock wires are 6 that means internal relays, you only need the resistor.
drewart 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2015 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote drewart
Howie,
What do you mean only 2 lock/unlock wires? For example using the Compustar CS700-A is this one that would need a DEI 451m relay?
As for the DEI 451m relay is it the same as wiring two relays together? I have a diagram showing how to do this and was planning on using two relays, would the 451m make it easier?
Sorry for all of the questions I just want to absorb everything I can. Thank you for everything!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2015 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Yes you can use 2 relays, the 451 plugs directly into DEI product, not sure about Compustar, also smaller size, plus the resistors, as an installer I much prefer that to two separate relays, except if the unlock is a direct NEG switching you'll only the relay on the lock side.
drewart 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2015 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote drewart
This is the diagram that I have. From what you said I guess that I would only need one relay? Keyless entry and alarm, 2002 Chevy Impala -- posted image.
drewart 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2015 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote drewart
UPDATE
So I went with the Avital 3100. I am looking at the wiring and trying to correspond it over to my vehicle but a few are not clicking for me.
H1/P1 - (-) 500mA Ground-when Armed output -      not sure
H1/P2 - (+/-) Selectable Light flash output -     Parking lights
H1/P3 - (-) 200mA Channel 3 Validity Output -     not sure
H1/P4 - (-) 200mA Interior Light Illum. Output - not sure
H1/P5 - (-) Door Trigger Input -   Door Trigger wire
H1/P6 - (-) Multiplex trigger input - Not sure
H1/p7 - (+) Door Trigger Input -   not used
H1/P8 - (-) Chassis Ground input - Chassis
H1/P9 - (+) Ignition Input, Zone 5 -  #1 ignition wire?
H1/P10 - (+) Siren Output -        Siren positive wire
H1/P11 - (+) Constant 12 Volts -   12 Volt from ignit
H1/P12 - (-) 200mA Channel 2 Validity Output -    Trunk release?
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic