the12volt.com spacer
icon

Lexus Auto-Light interrupt w/ Viper Remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
awd-box-turbo 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2015 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote awd-box-turbo
so this is has been bugging me - ive tried wiring a relay to interrupt the auto lights and it works - but if the remote start is shut down via remote or times out, the auto lights kick on and dont shut off. I also tried a relay to break the door trigger to replicate the factory remote but of course it triggers the factory alarm. Im out of ideas... anyone have a way to get this to work right?
Bnluis 
Silver - Posts: 578
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2015 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Bnluis
with out knowing the exact car and viper model alrm starter,
here is how I would do it, or do this cars (lexus / toyotas)
first of all I dont interupt the autolights, I wire up a relay to trigger the driver door pin switch using the rearm wire (GREEN / WHITE on viper), here is the trick , if you are using keysense to disarm OEM alarm during remote start, it shouldn't be an issue as when the car shuts down via remote or times out it will pulse the door trigger and thus making it look like you are opening the door and autolight time out after 30 or so plus seconds, also you might be wondering if the alarm will set off thinking someone is opening the door. If it is a newer style viper system or a few years old it is design to ignore the door trigger after remote start shut down untils trigger input goes away, as to not trigger the alarm
Luis
Sound Waves
Is up to the installer to test all wires with a DMM whenever possible.
Bnluis 
Silver - Posts: 578
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2015 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Bnluis
Also forgot to mention a quick way, if you are using the negative status output to trigger your relay to interupt the autolight?
just switch it to the WHITE/ geen disarm wire of the viper system instead will accomplish the same results
Luis
Sound Waves
Is up to the installer to test all wires with a DMM whenever possible.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic