the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5706v install 2005 Silverado ex cab

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2015 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Viper 5706

Main Harness, 6-pin connector

1 RED (+)12VDC CONSTANT INPUT +12V Constant    
2 BLACK (-) CHASSIS GROUND          Chassis Ground
3 BROWN (+) SIREN OUTPUT   Siren
4 WHITE/ BROWN PARKING LIGHT ISOLATION          Not Used
5 WHITE PARKING LIGHT OUTPUT   *Set to (-)           Gray/Black @ BCM Brown Plug
6 ORANGE (-) 500mA GROUND WHEN ARMED          Not Used

Door Lock, 3-pin connector

1 BLUE (-) 500mA UNLOCK OUTPUT Handled by D2D
2 EMPTY NOT USED
3 GREEN (-) 500mA LOCK OUTPUT   Handled by D2D

Remote Start, 10-pin heavy gauge connector

1 NC No Connection
2 RED / BLACK (+) FUSED 12V ACC/STARTER INPUT               thick Red @ ignition switch harness
3 PINK/BLACK (+) FLEX RELAY INPUT 87A      Not used
4 PINK/WHITE (+) IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY OUTPUT thick White @ ignition switch harness
5 RED (+) FUSED 12V IGNITION 1 INPUT          thick RED / White @ ignition switch harness
6 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE)        thick Yellow @ ignition switch harness
7 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE)   thick Yellow @ ignition switch harness
8 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT thick Orange @ ignition switch harness
9 RED / WHITE (+) FUSED 12V IGNITION 2 / Flex thick Red @ ignition switch harness
10 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT thick Pink @ ignition switch harness

Auxiliary/Shutdown/Trigger Harness, 24-pin connector

1 PNK/WHITE (-) 200mA Ignition 2/Flex OUTPUT Not Used    
2 BLUE/WHITE (-) 200mA 2ND STATUS /REAR DEFOG OUTPUT Not Used
3 RED / WHITE (-) 200mA TRUNK RELEASE OUTPUT      Not Used
4 BLACK / YELLOW (-) 200mA DOME LIGHT OUTPUT      Not Used
5 DARK BLUE (-) 200mA STATUS OUTPUT        Handled by D2D
6 WHITE/ BLACK (-) 200mA AUX 3 OUTPUT        Not Used
7 WHITE/ VIOLET (-) 200mA AUX 1 OUTPUT       Not Used
8 ORANGE / BLACK (-) 200mA AUX 4 OUTPUT    Not Used
9 GRAY (-) HOOD PIN INPUT (NC OR NO)          To kit supplied hood pin
10 BLUE (-) TRUNK PIN/INSTANT TRIGGER (N/C OR N/O)         Not Used
11 WHITE/ BLUE ACTIVATION INPUT     Not Used
12 VIOLET/WHITE* TACHOMETER INPUT          Handled by D2D
13 BLACK/ WHITE** (-) NEUTRAL SAFETY /PARKING BRAKE IN   Chassis Ground ( auto trans only )
14 GREEN/ BLACK (-) 200mA FACTORY ALARM DISARM OUT   Not Used
15 GREEN* (-) DOOR INPUT      Handled by D2D
16 BROWN / BLACK (-) 200mA HORN HONK OUTPUT      Black @ BCM Gray Plug
17 PINK (-) 200mA IGNITION 1 OUTPUT   Not Used
18 VIOLET* (+) DOOR INPUT     Not Used
19 VIOLET/BLACK (-) 200mA AUX 2 OUTPUT    Not Used
20 BROWN (+) BRAKE SHUTDOWN INPUT        White @ Brake Pedal
21 VIOLET / YELLOW (-) 200mA STARTER OUTPUT        Not Used
22 GRAY/BLACK (-) DIESEL WAIT TO START INPUT      Not Used
23 ORANGE (-) 200mA ACCESSORY OUTPUT    To extra Relay Pin 85
24 GREEN / WHITE (-) 200mA FACTORY ALARM ARM OUTPUT Not Used

Extra 30/40 Amp SPDT relay with harness

Relay Pin 85 to Viper 23 ORANGE (-) 200mA ACCESSORY OUTPUT 
Relay Pin 86 and 87 to thick RED / White @ ignition switch harness through 20 Amp fuse
Relay Pin 30 to Silverado thick Brown ACC2 wire @ ignition switch harness
Plus a 1N4004 diode across Pins 85 to 86 with band towards Pin 86

Soldering is fun!
chevelle212 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2015 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chevelle212
Awesome!! sorry to ask so many questions but I usually do all of my own work on my vehicles and this is something I want to learn. thanks for the help
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2015 at 7:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

This is a great opportunity for you.   So far you have been "spoon-feed" with the Pictorial for the wires, info about the bypass

modules and the complete Viper wiring chart.  Asking questions is fine as long as you have spent the time doing the research
to find the answers and learn first. 

You have selected a top of the line, sophisticated R/S system to install.  You have a nice truck and will probably keep it for many

years to come.  You don't want to take short cuts with this install.  You can cause a bit of damage by improper testing and making
incorrect wire connections.  While the forum can assist you, in the end, it will be you doing the physical work.  You will be locating,
testing and verifying each of the wires.  You will be using a Digital Multi Meter to perform this important task.  You will be using a
soldering iron / gun to make your connections.   These are important skills that, if you don't already have, will be useful throughout
your life.

Here is some more info that will come in handy : 

Older Viper 5901 Install Guide  :  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=741
This guide has more complete descriptions of the wires and the programming options.  While some things have changed, the
wire Name and Color usually remains the same along with its' function.  The programming options have been updated and
improved but a lot of the basic info remains the same.

Info on diodes can be found on this site :  https://www.the12volt.com/diodes/diodes.asp

Info on relays can be found here :  https://www.the12volt.com/relays/relays.asp

More detailed relay info can be found here :  http://www.bcae1.com/relays.htm

Soldering info / discussions :  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=23856

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=36483&tpn=1
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=38022

Here is a link to a recent post that describes the basic DMM set-up and wire testing procedures :

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=138358    ( About 3/4 the way down on the first page.)

There is a lot to know and a big learning curve.  It is not an easy 30 minute job that comes with a step-by-step cookbook guide.

There is a good reason why 12 Volt professional shops charge $600 to do this job.  Done right, your truck will provide reliable
service for life.  Done wrong and you will be frustrated and disappointed with a rats nest of wires hanging under the dash.

Bottom line, installing this system into your truck can be a very rewarding experience that will have many benefits if you

are willing to spend the time to research, learn and install properly.

Soldering is fun!
chevelle212 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2015 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chevelle212
Absolutely. I will defiantly solder all connections. I hate scotch locks and wire taps. They are good for testing to me. They work but I want something that will not fail and will be a sure connection in the future. Thank you so much for the help. I will save a lot of money doing this myself. I already de-pinned all the wires on each harness that I don't need so it will cut down on a lot of unnecessary wires under the dash. I will probably install the system on Monday but I have one more question. Do I need to hook up the RAP OFF connection to my truck? It was a little vague to me.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2015 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
You should connect the rap shutoff. Although the radio times outs after 30min, its still enough time to run your battery flat. Connect it so it mimics a door opening.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
chevelle212 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2015 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chevelle212
Ok I hooked everything up and the doors lock and unlock but the remote start doesn't work.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2015 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
If your door locks work, your data connection is good. The truck not starting could be multitude of things. Missing ignition wires, viper neutral safety switch not on/plugged in, viper neutral BLACK/ white not grounded.
Any parking light flashes? Shutdown diagnostics? Does it crank?
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
bs1d3 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2015 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bs1d3
Don't forget to take it out of manual trans mode too!
chevelle212 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2015 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chevelle212
Actually just figured it out. When I would try to start it with the remote the running lights would flash 7 times. So I went to the diagnostics section and it said 7 blinks means it's in manual transmission mode. I went into the settings and changed it to auto trans mode and it fired right up. Now it's working great.
bs1d3 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2015 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bs1d3
chevelle212 wrote:
Actually just figured it out. When I would try to start it with the remote the running lights would flash 7 times. So I went to the diagnostics section and it said 7 blinks means it's in manual transmission mode. I went into the settings and changed it to auto trans mode and it fired right up. Now it's working great.
Nice!
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic