icon

Code Alarm CA4051 and 2006 Camry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2015 at 7:17 AM / IP Logged  
I'm also confused because there doesn't appear to be a GWR wire either.
Also hard wire tach, should be at pin 9 OBD ll socket.
But you aren't going to install it now that you realise you have a manual TX.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 06, 2015 at 7:24 AM / IP Logged  
What Kreg said.
You've got three basic problems I see here:
1: The relay setup in your diagram---when the car is started with the key, the BLACK/ white (which is tied to your purple) will trigger the relay, which probably won't hurt anything, but certainly won't help. This is making the car behave in a way it wasn't designed from the factory. 85 should have just fused constant instead.
2: It wouldn't be too hard to interface with the clutch the right way.
3: It wouldn't be too much more expensive to buy a proper manual-transmission remote starter, with only a few extra wires to connect.
4: If the moderator(s) don't come by soon to delete/lock this post, reconsider the "always leaving it in neutral." Back in the day, I had several friends who "always left it in neutral." And also "My car is so special and I'm such a fancy person, no one else EVER drives my car."
One of these cars was borrowed from the driveway during the evening for a quick errand, and then returned. The next morning, the owner remote-started his car, and went outside to find the car had driven into his backyard. Lucky his little sister wasn't playing back there. Or if the car had been in reverse, it would have backed out across the sidewalk and into the street.
The other car, I think it was maybe moved because it was blocking another car in, or, well I forget. But what I do know is that after a hard day's work at the car-stereo shop, the salesman found his nice Mustang smashed into the side of a Civic out in the parking lot.
Another story: I spent a few years as a tow-truck driver. I remember one of the drivers had towed a car into the lot---it was a shiny beautiful red Celica. The driver, using the tow truck, backed the car into a parking spot in the tow yard, lowered it and disconnected it from the truck. The car's alarm sounded---probably due to its shock sensor. The tow driver was using the Celica's alarm remote control, trying to disarm the alarm, and BOOM!----car lurched forward and smashed into the wheel lift of the tow truck! If the driver had been standing between the truck and the car, he could have lost a leg or two.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic