the12volt.com spacer
icon

Alpine? Did I get it wrong?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hemlig 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2015 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote hemlig
My System Components in my '06 Toyota Tacoma Dbl Cab:
Alpine:
143BT HEAD UNIT
PDX F-4 AMP
PDX M-6 AMP
SPR60C FRONT SPEAKERS
SPR60 REAR SPEAKERS
IMAGE DYNAMICS 1D10V4 DUAL 4OHM SUB WOOFER
KICKER DUAL AMP WIRING KIT
WHY DOESN'T MY SYSTEM KICK ASS THE WAY I WANT IT TO? WHERE DID I GO WRONG AND HOW DO I FIX IT?
spartacus12.lg 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2015 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote spartacus12.lg
what does'nt it do? is it not loud enough or does it not hit?
spartacus12
hemlig 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2015 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote hemlig
I just don't think it is hitting like it should. Compared to the factory unit replacement (not to mention the money I spent)! I'm no car audio genius as you have no doubt have already figured out. The only thing I had (professionals) do is run and wire up the head unit and dual amp wiring kit. No amp tuning was ever performed. I replaced the speakers my self.
In your opinion, should I be miles above the factory system or just middle of the road like I am getting now? Or, should I be where I want to be and have to turn it down before I enter my neighborhood?
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2015 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparkie
There are many things that could be wrong but unless you have someone check it out that has a good ear, it is hard to say. If the speakers are out of phase or if they are not mounted correctly, then the sound will suffer. The speaker phasing could be wrong if 2 different people wired up the circuits. Use balance and fader to isolate the front and rear speakers. Disconnect the sub temporarily. Listen to just front speakers and use balance to move the sound left and right. Does the bass increase when you move to one side or the other? If it does then one speaker is out of phase. Check the rears the same way and then check left side speakers and right sides to make sure front and rear speakers are in phase. The speakers must be installed so they are sealed. If air in front of the speaker can meet air behind the speaker it will sound poor and can hurt the speaker.
sparky
hemlig 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2015 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote hemlig
Really? Door speakers need to be sealed? Why didn't they say that in the installation instructions? Is there a kit or something that I can order specifically for my car? I got most of my installation gear from Tacotunes. Really cool stuff actually.
What about my amp settings and the internal head unit setting? Kind of new to all the lingo. Ohms, and Db settings and yada yada yada. I actually thought it would be plug and play and "maybe" a little tweeking. I may have tweeked the wrong way and I can't figure out where.
Time to spend some more money and get someone who knows wth to do huh?
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2015 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparkie
Proper installation of anything is key to getting the most out of your equipment. Find a reputable shop and get their opinion. It goes back to the old saying "you get what you paid for".
sparky
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2015 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote itsyuk
tell us all about your sub box. what made you decide this was the box you needed?
yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
hemlig 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2015 at 12:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote hemlig
Tacotunes is a dedicated tacoma *amongst other toyota cars and trucks". Everything is custom to your year and of couse, TUNES is what they do. Check it out. I wanted to have a bumpin system but stealth too. The box is what they recommended.
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2015 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote itsyuk
since you cant give me information i can offer no help.
i am unsubscribing from this thread.
good luck.
yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2015 at 3:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote oldspark
Your system is not plug and play. There is no sensing nor control mechanism.
Vehicles have different acoustics so even if a complete system was specified it would have to be specific to your vehicle.
Even then it cannot account for your taste in music and preferred eq etc.
If you can't tune it yourself - ie, set crossovers etc - take it to professionals.
They should be able to advise if your sub box or volume is appropriate. Same for the side speakers - if they need sealing or s specific cavity volume.
What do tachotunes think about your sound? What crossover frequency have they or you set? Do they think it performs ok?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic