the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2009 Corolla Japanese Made.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cherxiong 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2015 at 6:36 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cherxiong
Thank you. I just don't want to be too much burden. I am trying to install Viper 4706V. DBALL2 by-pass flashing with XKLOADER2
cherxiong 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2015 at 7:02 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cherxiong
Howeii and Ted
Do I need the Biwriter to program the Viper or the DBALL2? or any thing else?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2015 at 7:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
You need to program the DB-ALL2 via the XK loader having downloaded the program from the Xpresskit site.
Depending on whether a plug at the BCM or a driver kick panel plug controls the windows raising if so you only need the bitwriter to program aux for that function.
Frankly I'd only spend the money if you were doing lots of installs.
cherxiong 
Posted: March 13, 2015 at 7:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cherxiong
Howeii, I might assuming like your profile signature said. I tested the ignition switch and came out as follow. Please help me double check to confirm that I am right.
Ignition Switch 8 pin Connector   
Pin 1 : White (Ignition 1)     Pin 2: A pair of Black (Accessory)     Pin 3: Yellow (12 V DC)     Pin 4: Emptied
Pin 5: A pair of White (Starter)     Pin 6: White ( 12 V DC)     Pin 7: Gray (Ignition 2)     Pin 8: Emptied
Tested result with Multimer Tester   
Pin 1. ACC = 0   On = 12    Crank = drop to 10V DC         Pin 2. ACC = 12 On = 12   Crank = drop to 10V DC     Pin 3. ACC = 12  On = 12     Crank = drop to 10V DC     Pin 4. No test (Emptied)      
Pin 5. ACC = 0  On = 12     Crank = drop to 10V DC     Pin 6. ACC = 12 On = 12     Crank = drop to 10V DC     Pin 7. ACC = 12  On = 12     Crank = drop to 10V DC     Pin 8. No test (Emptied)
cherxiong 
Posted: March 13, 2015 at 7:54 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cherxiong
Correction
Pin 7. ACC = 0  On = 12     Crank = drop to 10V DC
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2015 at 7:55 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Use a test light, Snap-On, Mac NOT a DMM much quicker and more reliable.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2015 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
I was a going to pick you up on pin 7.2009 Corolla Japanese Made. - Page 3 -- posted image.
When you have pairs going to a single terminal (pin) you can connect (ONLY via solder and Scotch 33 please) to either.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2015 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
Meter or DMM are both reliable test tools, I agree that a test light is quicker to use. Personally, my fluke dmm is used more often than the power probe.
On that note, as Howie mentioned, a bitwriter is not necessary. Even pros rarely touch the bit-writer, unless it's a "custom" setting. The programming menu is fairly sufficient for the avid DIYer. If your DBALL2 is not flashed, pick up a XK-loader if you plan to do other cars in the future. If not, it would more cost effective to have a shop flash it for 10-15 dollars.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2015 at 9:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
X 2 with Ted. We seen all of this before where an avid amateur has all the finest (most expensive) tools. Frankly the only top of the range tools are my Snap-On spanners and sockets, Milwaukee compact combi drill and Milwaukee compact screwdriver plus Weller soldering equipment.
The only wires you mustn't probe with a tester would be data, e.g. CAN or LIN networks or airbag circuits, data wires are usually in a twisted pair and measure about 2.5 V, airbag circuits generally have yellow looms.
TBH the last late Yaris I did, I used a spare key and a 556U plus hardwire.
No need for a DB-ALL.
The other install caveat would be don't turn on the ignition with anything unplugged.
VAG are the worst offenders (airbag, ABS lights staying on) but Toyotas have been known to cause nightmares on occasion especially if not firmly plugged back in.
I have a pair of no-name DMMs with a 10 amp DC current rating, more than adequate for this kind of work.
cherxiong 
Posted: March 13, 2015 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cherxiong
Thanks both. You two are very formative (So generous to amateurs like me). I bought the XK-loader and flashed the By-Pass DBALL aready. Hope I got the right firm ware. I don't need to do anything with the remote starter right, besides connecting the wire and programming the remote control.
Page of 19

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic