the12volt.com spacer
icon

Anti-grind Output Too Soon

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
solano_79 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2015 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote solano_79
Hello,
I searched the forums and did not find anything on this. If I missed one can someone me to that thread. Here is my issue. I have a 2000 Silverado 2500. I installed a 4105v remote start, 451m lock module, PLJX bypass module,and a 40amp SPDT relay to serve as my anti-grind relay.
My issue is as soon as I activate remote start the anti-grind output comes on an switches SPDT relay killing the ignition. Is there an internal timer that can be set to delay the pulse? Or do I need to purchase another piece of hardware that can delay the pulse allowing the vehicle to start?
Thanks!
Edgar
Everyone wants tomorrow today...
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,424
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2015 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
What wire was cut for the anti grind ?
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2015 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Also how did you wire the relay?
solano_79 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2015 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote solano_79
Anti-grind Output Too Soon -- posted image.
Thanks for responding. Here is an image of how I wired everything up.
Specific to your question I cut the ignition wire and crimped blade terminals to each new end. I than put the end coming from the ignition switch to pin 30 and the end going to the starter to pin 87a. I am using a 12v constant on pin 86 and the remote start anti-grind output on pin 85.
To reiterate my issue is as soon as the remote start goes active and the vehicle is going to attempt to start the anti-grind output is on switching the relay from 87a (N.C.) to 87.
Thanks Again!
Edgar
solano_79 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2015 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote solano_79
Anti-grind Output Too Soon -- posted image.
I forgot to include the bypass module. Here is how I connected it to the remote start.
But now that I am thinking about it I may have a conflict using the output of the remote start for both anti-grind and ground for the bypass module. Thoughts???
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2015 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Cut starter wire not ignition, ignition switch side to 87a.
Starter motor side to 30
Anti-grind wire to 85
IGNITION not constant to 86.
That will resolve the problem.
solano_79 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2015 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote solano_79
Cool. Thanks for your insight.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2015 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
The blue Status Output wire goes to the bypass.
solano_79 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2015 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote solano_79
Okay. This is making more sense. And I misspoke early. I am using the yellow starter wire into 30 and 87a. And for my clarity you mean I should splice into the pink ignition wire and terminate on 86, correct?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2015 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Yes.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic