icon

1997 Honda Ballade Sedan Immobilizer Bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chassis 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2015 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
Good day! I would like to know if this vehicle's factory immobiliser can be bypassed.it immobilize with the keyless entry remote.the remote is totally busted.this is the 2nd honda with the same issue.their remote looks exactly like the shurlock remote but with no name on it I don't know if it is factory or not.google give me different answers 1997 Honda Ballade Sedan Immobilizer Bypass -- posted image.
Do it once,do it right - This means no short cuts. You never get paid twice for having to do the job twice because it wasn't done right the first time.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2015 at 1:24 PM / IP Logged  
If it has a green key light on the instrument panel the answer is no. If not trace the wiring probably just a starter (BLACK/ white) cut.
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2015 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  
No green key light on instrument panel,so I guess this can only be a aftermarket immobiliser system.I will have a look to see if (BLACK / YELLOW) or (BLACK/ white) is cut.
Do it once,do it right - This means no short cuts. You never get paid twice for having to do the job twice because it wasn't done right the first time.
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2015 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  
I will fit a new system in this vehicle after bypassing.its a mission to get wires from doors through to inside of the car of this vehicle,fingers had a few cuts last time I installed aftermarket central locking.grommet almost at fender.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2015 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
All Civic variants are a nightmare to run cables from door to car!
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2015 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
Wow I thought I'm the only one noticing it lol.
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2015 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  
It Took me some time but I have finally bypassed the immobiliser on this vehicle two weeks back.what I would like to know about the hondas including civis between 1996-1998.was there a sub contract who fitted these alarm/immobilisers on these vehicle or was it fitted by honda.reason why I ask is,it look like this system was factory fitted,the holes where module was mounted is original holes aswell as the blue plucks where the black wiring is going to under the fuse box where it slides in.I see a lot of these vehicles around here with the same remote,it immobilize starter,ignition and fuel pump.enjoy fitting alarms into these vehicles,I get all my wires at one pluck.last question,the factory central locking doesn't work on this car,I have checked the c/locking fuse (20A) in engine compartment,and it looks fine.any skill on finding this problem?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2015 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  
They would have been done at either the importing port or by a dealer.
I used to fit Scorpion alarms custom designed for Toyotas brackets, position, plugs etc. matching factory. Renault Espace used to have a plug to fit Cobra alarms.
The Italians, Cobra, Scorpion and Piranha used to custom make for vehicle manufacturers. Another Italian brand custom made for UK BMWs in the early 90s.
As for the central locking, could be anything.
Test the fuse via a DMM, relays module, broken wire into driver door.
Depending on where made, 3 door was Japanese, lock module in driver's door, grey, screwed in on top with a brass coloured screw.
UK, 5 door had a Lucas module in the centre console beneath the radio.
Japanese was single point, i.e. only from driver door key, Euro was multipoint, either front door. Also look for a broken cable, driver door entry loom. Motor colours if I remember were WHITE/ red and yellow/red but it's been at least 10 years since I've worked on one so I can't confirm. Power supply was WHITE/ green from the fuse.
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2015 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  
There is a module screwed in on drivers door.I will have it checked out.Thanks a lot for all the information Howie.Much appreciated!!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2015 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
That means single point locking.
Check the power supply at the module, WHITE/ green should be 12 Volt constant.
The other "thick" (2 of course) are the motor wires.
Other wires will be ground (earth) probably black.
2 trigger wires, blue/red, blue/white?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic