the12volt.com spacer
icon

Parking light confirmation R/S

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
adkalex 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2015 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote adkalex
I would like to thank Tedmond and all who post here, for help with my Viper 4105V/Idatlink install on a 2015 tundra.
It locks/unlocks and the parking lights flash.
When I hit the R/S it starts, but no parking light flash confirmation. The manual says it should flash a confirmation of attempting to start. I have not hooked up the following:
(-)200ma Factory alarm disarm/rearm (H1/2)
(+) ignition out (to alarm)(H1/3)
(-) activation input (H1/4)
(-) 500ma ground when locked/anti-ground output (H1/5)
(-) 200ma horn output (H1/6) I do not want horn
(-) 200ma trunk release (H1/7)
H2 door lock/unlock (not needed)
H4 satellite harness (?)
H5/2 tach
H5/3 (+) brake shutdown
H5/5 (-) 200ma 2nd status/rear defogger
I can live without this, but would like to have it perfect.
Also, I tested brake and hood shutdown and they work fine (I did need to install a hood switch pin). Thanks again for the help
Parking light confirmation R/S -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2015 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Use the 4105 parking light wire by hard wiring rather than Idatalink through the CAN system.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2015 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
Howie is correct. The idatalink sends oem lock/unlock codes down the can network, which is why you get the factory "beep" and parking light flashes.
On the viper unit, you need to connect the white parking light output on the 9pin harness (place the jumper in the (-) position) the jumper position is written on the underside of the brain.
parking light (-) @ fuse box, white 26 pin plug, pin 23
rear defrost (-) @ DKP grey 22 pin plug, pin 18
tach you can get at the obd plug pin 9, but the idatalink handles it through data. You must program it on the viper though. Start the vehicle press and hold the valet button for 3 seconds. release when LED on brain is solid
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
adkalex 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2015 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote adkalex
Thanks guys, I hope I can help you with something someday, but I doubt itParking light confirmation R/S -- posted image.
adkalex 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2015 at 5:01 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote adkalex
I checked my wiring and I already have the Viper white (H1/9) parking light wire connected at J10 parking light switch, position 18(beige),(-), and the jumper in the (-) position as per the idatalink instructions.
Should I move it to parking light (-) @ fuse box, white 26 pin plug, pin 23?
This is what I have hooked up:
Viper H1 9 pin main harness
(H1/8) ground
(H1/9) parking light at switch
Viper H3 6 pin remote start
All connections
Viper H5 5 pin remote start
(H5/1) (-) neutral safety switch
(H5/4) (-) hood pin shutdown.
I do not have rear defrost.
Should I hook up (H5/5) (-) 200ma 2nd status/rear defrost anyway?
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2015 at 7:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
are you sure you have the correct parking light wire?
time to pull out a dmm and test the wire, see if its functioning. red probe to 12v, ground to parking light of the viper before the fuse. press any button and the meter should register some voltage. its good practice to check before and after the inline fuse.
Ted
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2015 at 7:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Not familiar with this unit but have you looked at the programming?
tedmond 
Posted: March 20, 2015 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
its a newer improved version of the 4103. if i recall correctly parking light off was only available on the premium/higher end units (5x0x)
Ted
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2015 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Sorry Ted we only get 5X04 over here and we have to change remotes and antennae to make them into 5704 and 6.
With those you can select parking lights (indicators) for off, flash and constant.
adkalex 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2015 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote adkalex
I will double check with my DMM. The parking lights do flash when I lock/unlock, but it sounds like that could be from the idatalink. I have looked at the programming options, but do not see that listed. I have not hooked up the horn wire because I do not want to hear it, but I would not think that would cause a problem. Thanks for the responses and I will tell you the results of the DMM check.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic