the12volt.com spacer
icon

Parking light confirmation R/S

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
adkalex 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2015 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote adkalex
After testing everything tests OK. Red probe to 12volts and black to parking light connection before after and at viper connection. +12volts is displayed and when unlock pressed voltage drops briefly to 11.86volts. Same thing at parking light fuse connection tedmond mentioned. I am going to try to reset viper and see if that does anything. Manual with viper is not very accurate, so who knows. Thanks for the help.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2015 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
you will not have parking light confirmation if you have autolights, and in the on position. are you sure the jumper is in the negative position? It should be 0v after a light flash. not a floating ~11v.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
adkalex 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2015 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote adkalex
Well, like always, it was just another case of me being an idiot. It was that polarity jumper. I knew it was supposed to be in the negative position. Not only was it not in the negative position, it was in the 3 pin ESP harness. Thanks so much for the help and sorry for the dumb mistake. The last thing I wanted to do is waste someones time. Another lesson learned.Parking light confirmation R/S - Page 2 -- posted image.
adkalex 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2015 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote adkalex
I learned a lot about testing and trouble shooting, so it was not a total loss.
ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2015 at 7:10 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ziggyb222
I pull the fuse on the parklight white wire on the remote start and verify both sides before I test the unit....Does not take much to fry a component in a vehicle!!!!!
adkalex 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2015 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote adkalex
Good idea.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2015 at 8:07 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Pros have a procedure, mine is to check the fuse before plugging in the H1 connector.
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic