the12volt.com spacer
icon

Door Locks and Door Trigger Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cbowen 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2015 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cbowen
I am getting ready to install a Viper 5906v in my 2012 Jeep Patriot and I was wondering how to wire up the door triggers and door locks. For the door trigger connecions I've noticed my vehicle has 4 door trigger wires with (-) polarity. Since the alarm has one (-) polarity wire for the door trigger would I need to connect to all four wires with this connection? Then, for my door locks I have noticed that I have one wire for lock and unlock. Would I need a relay for this? If so, what kind? I have included some images of my vehicle wiring. Thanks everyone! Door Locks and Door Trigger Wiring - Last Post -- posted image. Door Locks and Door Trigger Wiring - Last Post -- posted image.Door Locks and Door Trigger Wiring - Last Post -- posted image.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,424
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2015 at 5:27 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
What are you using for immobilizer bypass ? I would suggest using something like an idatalink ads al ca with the DLCH5 firmware. That will give you door triggers and door locks. Where ever you buy from make sure it's flashed with the DLCH5 firmware
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
cbowen 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2015 at 6:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cbowen
I have the xpresskit dball2 with the chthd2 add on harness. I got it from Crutchfield and they told me they flashed it to the latest firmware. So in other words I don't need to connect the door trigger or door lock wires from my alarm? Thanks for the reply? Door Locks and Door Trigger Wiring - Last Post -- posted image.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2015 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
the dball will handle most of your connections. You just need power, ground, d2d, ground the neutral safety, parkinglight and thats it.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2015 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Go to Expresskit, down load the diagrams for your vehicle.
cbowen 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2015 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cbowen
Really appreciate all the help guys! Hopefully I will do the install this weekend and I will let u know how it goes. Thanks again Door Locks and Door Trigger Wiring - Last Post -- posted image.
cbowen 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2015 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cbowen
What's up everyone. Just wanted to let you know when I installed everything my door locks and triggers are working properly. You all were right door locks and triggers work off the dball2. I have another issue though that I am going to create a different thread for. Thanks again.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic