the12volt.com spacer
icon

jl w3v2 wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
localtaggs 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2015 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote localtaggs
So i got a jl w3v2 4ohm and didnt notice that the other one was a jlw3v2 6ohm how would i wire that up to a hifonics brutus 1200watt amp. Thanx guys
Localtaggs
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 22, 2015 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Are you putting the 4 ohm in place of the 6 ohm? Or are you adding the 4 ohm as a second driver?
localtaggs 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2015 at 7:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote localtaggs
No i bought them and want to know the best way to wire them up and is it ok to use a 4ohm and 6 together
Localtaggs
i am an idiot 
Posted: March 23, 2015 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
The 4 ohm will be louder than the 6. As long as they are in separate chambers of your enclosure they will be fine. Just connect both positive speaker terminals to the positive terminal of the amplifier, and connect both speaker negatives to the negative terminal of the amplifier.
localtaggs 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2015 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote localtaggs
Well before i got a reply....i wired the positives to eachother and negative to eachother than stepped it down to a 1 ohm setup....is that to much for my hifonics brutus 1200 mono
Localtaggs
i am an idiot 
Posted: March 23, 2015 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
You could not have set it up at 1 ohm. A 6 and a 4 ohm coil paralleled = 2.4 ohms.
localtaggs 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2015 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote localtaggs
Ok well i watched a video on how to wire them up... so what are the then...duel coil pos to pos neg to neg..connected pos to pos from each speaker and neg to neg from each speaker...to bridged amp....what would they be then?
Localtaggs
localtaggs 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2015 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote localtaggs
Sorry didnt see the 2.4.....so is that the best way?
Localtaggs
i am an idiot 
Posted: March 24, 2015 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
I noticed no reference to a dual voice coil driver. Which one is a dual voice coil?
localtaggs 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2015 at 8:08 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote localtaggs
Both...
Localtaggs
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic