the12volt.com spacer
icon

2010 GTI Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
no1tmorrow 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2015 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote no1tmorrow
Howeie II and tedmond. No fighting :-)
I do see the + and - jumper on the Pass-4. Its on plus currently.
Isn't the Pass-4 basically a fancy more secure key wrap?
I will double check the tach and if I put my other spare in the ignition and then remote start it. If it starts then does that mean the Pass-4 and/or my amazing installation work?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2015 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
If it performs an RS OK but only with the key in the ignition then it's the bypass.
Actually Ted and I rarely disagree.
no1tmorrow 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2015 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote no1tmorrow
Update:
checked pass-4. Gets voltage on startup
no matter what key I have in the pass-4 it starts. I see Check Engine and then immobilizer activated and then dies.
If I put a key in the ignition (key is just in ignition in the off position) and remote start. I see check engine and then starts and runs.Check engine disappears.
The only other thing I can think of is the Pass-4 comes with a premade ring that is too large. So I put it around the cylinder and then tie wrapped the excess.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2015 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Dump the pass 4 also check the wires at the ignition switch, you may be missing one such as a second ignition or starter wire.
Over here VW diesels have a second thinner starter wire, same colour as main starter wire, I missed it a couple of times that's how I know.
no1tmorrow 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2015 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote no1tmorrow
Hope the attachment gets uploaded it is the xpresskit image of how I hooked it up.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2015 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Assuming ignition key rather than PTS use diagram 3 and alternate method on page 4.
no1tmorrow 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2015 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote no1tmorrow
I will tear apart column again and do that. Stupid question. will the key with the wrench on it work? It is not the flip key.
Thanks for all of your help
Thom
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2015 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
I took "immobilizer active" as immobilizer was sucessfully bypassed. WOops.
Are you sure the pass-4 is turning on and off? Feel it for a relay click as you activate the remote start. Another quick way to test is hold the key up to the key cylinder to confirm its a bypass issue.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
no1tmorrow 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2015 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote no1tmorrow
tedmond,
I hear it click. Also if the key is in the ignition it starts just fine, except I do see on the display check engine or service engine now for a brief moment. So it appears to be a key issue. That is why I am wondering if my emergency key is programmed for my car. If not then how do I get it programmed?
Thanks
Thom
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2015 at 1:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Try the emergency key. If not dealer only.
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic