the12volt.com spacer
icon

soundstream tarantula

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
f29966 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2015 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote f29966
i'm installing the tarantula ars.2 on a toyota tacoma 2015 , the problem i'm facing is the tachless mode and the valet mode, everytime i program the system to tachless mode the remotestart working but i can't set the system to valet mode , valet mode working if i reset the system. any one know what wrong ?
Installation manual
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2015 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Might be a bad ground, do a voltage test between your grounding point (preferably one of the many 10mm bolts under dash or around kick panel and your fuses.
Also make sure the green door trigger wire is correct, i.e. goes to ground when a door is opened.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2015 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
why are you running tachless, when the tach wire is right at the OBD? I'm sure you used a convenience module of some sort, which definitely would give you a tach signal.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2015 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Pin 9 at the OBD.
f29966 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2015 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote f29966
i reset the system to default and connect the tach wire on alarm to pin 9 at the OBD , then i start the car with the key i hear 2 chirps ,
the manual said 2 chirps = tach mode
3 chirps = data tach mode
4 chirps = tachless mode
i don't know what to do next after i hear 2 chirps . i tried to do remote start after i hear 2 chirps but it start the car for afew second and shutoff . i really don't understand the manual .
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2015 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Bypass required?
f29966 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2015 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote f29966
i have it working now , after i program the tach to hybrid mode 1 , the remote start not shutoff any more and i also can set the system to valet mode , but i found a new problem with the starter-kill wire ( connect to kill switch relay ) , after arm the system with alarm remote , and i set the system to valet mode but the starter-kill wire still send out the ground so i can't start the car by key if the alarm remote broke or out of battery . maybe i connect the relay wrong or the system is defected. below is how i connect the kill switch relay to the starter wire
relay: 30 - motor side
       87a- key side
       85 - to ignition
       86 - starter-kill wire from alarm
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2015 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
You've wired it OK but you should have dioded across 85 and 86, 1N4004, band to 85.
That's called a quenching diode and not installing it may have fried your GWA wire.
Remove the relay and test it.
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2015 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote oldspark
I saw "band to 85" and panicked but I take it that the starter kill from alarm is GND switching (and never +ve with IGN off).

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic