the12volt.com spacer
icon

2013 Ford Escape, Remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
underworldaudio 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2015 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote underworldaudio
Does anyone have reliable colors on Remote Start for a 13 Escape???
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2015 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
This has every wire you would need for a remote start.
http://fortin.ca/download/13561/evo-all_with_rf-kit_ford_escape_(2013).rev-201310214.pdf
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2015 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

2013 Ford Escape, regular key or Push-to-Start? 

Did a 2013 regular key Escape recently.  Used the ADS AL-CA bypass module flashed with DL FM4.  The iDatalink install guide

as dead-on accurate and everything is done at the BCM on the passenger side behind the glove box.  It does require the KLON
process.

Soldering is fun!
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2018 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zerepdivad
Necropost but I see that Kreg regularly posts. Am I able to doe the KLON process from home? Or do I have to be a dealer for it? I'll be doing a 2014 in the near future and was unsure of this.(only have one key available)
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2018 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
PM sent...
Soldering is fun!
bogucki 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2018 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bogucki
hey kreg357
was the install on the ford escape a royal pain in the ass or is there lots of room behind the glove box to find/test and solder the wires? i have a 2015 ford escape next week and was looking at the pictures on directtechs and its looks like a tight install.
boguckialex
kreg357 
Posted: January 10, 2018 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The install isn't all that bad. Just did a regular key Focus, which is very similar.
A few tips...
First, getting the glovebox out is easy, once you know the trick. There are 4 torx screws that hold it in.
Two are easy to find, just open the door and look in at the front upper area. The other two are nicely hidden
underneath. Get a good flashlight and crawl under, look up and there will be one screw on each side, back
about 3 inches from the door hinge. Once they are removed, just give the glovebox a good pull straight back.
You can locate, test and verify all the wires with a computer safe LED test light ( except the CAN wires
and the RX TX wires ). The iDatalink install diagram gives you the connector location on the BCM so I just
follow the harness away from the plug and remove the wrapping at a convenient, accessible location for the
R/S connections. It is a little tight but I use a thermal wire stripper that makes the job easy and never
nicks or cuts any wire strands. I bench prep the R/S modules and bundle the wires according to their connector
destination. The R/S module fits nicely into a little niche in the back firewall area by the fan.
It takes a while and you are working from the passenger side of the car so if you are very right handed, it
feels strange. I do the KLON via WiFi using a Laptop PC so I don't remove the bypass module from the car,
just unplug the connectors in the right sequence and run the laptop from the passenger seat.
If you want to add Rear Defrost to the install, the wire is Blue/Gray (-) in the Blue Plug at Pin 45 between
Keysense and Accessory.
Soldering is fun!
bogucki 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2018 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bogucki
ok thank you kreg357 for the info i am a professional installer just never did a full install behind the glove box yet. i always use a fluke multimeter and/or the power probe3 to test all my wires. the starter is the new dc3 so its nice and small/compacted and the bypass is built into it, love these new units. i definitely will have to look into getting one of those thermal wire strippers. im just using standard mac tool ones now and can be a pain sometimes. i also do my programming in the car with my laptop when doing KLON
boguckialex

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic