the12volt.com spacer
icon

Door lock Horn confirmation

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
manahawkinrob 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2015 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote manahawkinrob
I have an Avital 4103 installed in a 2011 Honda civic. When you lock the doors with the factory FOB first press was silent lock and second press was horn confirmation.
I hooked up Avital horn wire and programmed horn and when locking with Avital I get one beep confirmation and unlock two beeps.
I noticed that now when I lock with the factory FOB I get horn confirmation on first press, not silent.
My theory is that since I connected the Avital lock and unlock directly to the Civic door locks without diode isolating them, when the Avital sees the lock pulse from the factory FOB it is sending a horn confirmation.
Does that sound right? Would the Avital send a horn even if it didn't generate the lock pulse?
I would say install diodes on lock/unlock with band toward brain to fix this?
Is that correct?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2015 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
I will assume you used an idatalink, dball or fortin bypass? If thats the case, the bypass is locking with the oem keyless codes, to avoid that you need to made changes on the bypass and turn off oem remote control/monitoring.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
manahawkinrob 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2015 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote manahawkinrob
Sorry, yes DB-ALL2 Ah-hah. OK let me look at the manual again and the settings. Thanks Ted, you da man.
manahawkinrob 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2015 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote manahawkinrob
OK, help me here Ted. I don't see in the DBALL2 information anything about OEM monitoring.
I also notice that if I press lock twice on the factory FOB I get 3 beep confirmations. I assume 2 from the Avital and 1 from the factory confirmation.
And unlock on factory FOB gives 2 beep confirmation which never had anything before.
Could my isolation theory be correct?
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2015 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
isolation will not do anything for you, as its read from the can network. You need to go to flash options and change aftermarket alarm control. i believe it can be done manually (look at page 18-19 feature 7) you should try option 2and see if that works for you
Ted
Compustar Expert
manahawkinrob 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2015 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote manahawkinrob
This looked like it was my problem, but i just configured it and the same thing is happening with the factory FOB. I double checked the setting after i set it by starting the car shutting it off normally then went back in to check 7 green blinks then 2 red then repeat.
Thanks for all of your help
tedmond 
Posted: March 25, 2015 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
i would just turn off the horn feature on the avital completely. You still have the panic and get the lock confirmation from the car through the dball.
Ted
Compustar Expert
manahawkinrob 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2015 at 7:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote manahawkinrob
Yeah that is probably what I am going to do. I thought it would be nice to have the aftermarket FOB give confirmation so I could capitalize on the range over the factory one and I could hear it, but I definitely need to keep the stealth operation of the factory. sometimes I just don't want the horn honking when I am coming or going.
Thanks again, your insight is better than support from DEI directly.
tedmond 
Posted: March 26, 2015 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
I think you have misunderstood how the system works. In laymen terms: the DBALL under normal conditions receives a lock or unlock command from a master unit, then send HONDA keyless entry codes down the can network. This can be simplified to "the same codes sent by the honda keyless remote."
However, due to vehicle limitations, as the vehicle is running you will notice the oem remote no longer functions. Why? Honda sees it as "you don't need the keyless while its running!" Very true. To overcome this vehicle limitation, you will notice you had to hardwire the door locks to the kick panel through the DBALL. This allows lock/unlock to work when the ignition is on. In short, when no ignition is present-OEM Codes. Ignition On-Analogue signas for lock/unlock.
To relate to your post, Although you have a horn wired from the avital to the car; and have the horn output set to OFF, when using the avital holding lock will give you panic. Pressing lock 2x will also beep the factory horn for lock confirmation (oem codes). Keep in mind there will no feedback while the vehicle is running though. Hopefully that helps you better understand your system.
Ted
Compustar Expert

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic