the12volt.com spacer
icon

Connect aftermarket alarm to central door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joakimahl93 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2015 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote joakimahl93
Hello!
Ive got a aftermarket alarm kit and an aftermarket central door lock kit laying around and i thought i would put it in my car, but i dont really want to have 2 keys i need to press each time to unlock and shut off alarm...
So im guessing theres a way to connect the 2 kits so i can use them with one key, i suck at this so i gotta ask you guys!
Heres the instructions for the two kits, the central lock kit doesnt say much i guess but thats all that came with it
Connect aftermarket alarm to central door locks -- posted image.
Connect aftermarket alarm to central door locks -- posted image.
joakimahl93 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2015 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote joakimahl93
Im not sure why i cant see the second photo i added but heres the picture web adress! :)
http://www.volkswagengolf.se/album_pic.php?pic_id=31610
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2015 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
what vehicle?
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2015 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Does you car already have power locks? or are you adding the actuators?
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2015 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Re Ted's comment, there are about 12 ways to control central locking. Assuming an existing system, vehicle make, model and year please.
joakimahl93 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2015 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote joakimahl93
oh im sorry!
The vehicle is a vw golf mk1 1983
so it does not have alarm or central door lock or anything from the beginning!
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2015 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
It looks like to me, from your alarm
Orange & Orange /Black to ground
Yellow & Yellow/Black to 12 volts constant
White to White on Central Door Lock Kit
WHITE/ Black to Brown on Central Door Lock Kit
Central Door Lock Kit needs 12 volts constant and Ground.
If system locks when it should unlock, reverse the White and WHITE/ Black connections on the White and Brown wires.
How about it Howie or Ted
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2015 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
looking at the diagram of the keyless unit, i believe it's:
orange & ORANGE / black - 87a
white & WHITE/ black - 30
yellow & yellow/black - 87
so you would need to ground yellow & yellow/black, snip and do not use ORANGE / orange black. The white and WHITE/ black will go to your actuator kit (brown and white)
Ted
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2015 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Wired as diagram two or get a complete motor kit from the leading Italians, SAL or MES includes timer relay and driver door lock control, then wire as per diagram 1.
tedmond 
Posted: March 25, 2015 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
Howie, he does have an actuator kit in post 2. Had to visit the website.
Ted
Compustar Expert
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic