the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

focus 2009 & ADS TB

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zulu125 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2015 at 7:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zulu125
I have a Ford Focus 2009 automatic with a AutoStart AS-1780 and a ADS TB module installed. The remote starter was working correctly until we changed the car battery. Now it needs that key key be in the ignition switch to remotly start.
I tried to reset the ADS TB module but it doesn't reset. The LED is always flashing RED.
The part number of the ADS module is TB16K1.33
Can you help me with this?
Regards
Zulu125
ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2015 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ziggyb222
How did you reset the module??
zulu125 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2015 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zulu125
I followed the instruction at the last page of the manual:
Disconnect all the connectors except the black one(d2d)
Then disconnect the d2d
Then reconnect this cable while holding the reset button.
The LED was blinking red at a rate of 1 second on 1 second off
It didn't change, it does exactly the same
zulu125 
Posted: March 29, 2015 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zulu125
The blinking rate was exactly the same before and after
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2015 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
when you disconnect the battery, all you have to do is start the car one time and its ready to be used. Since you decided to reset it, you might have brought a world of problems upon yourself.
First things first. Do you have 2 master keys for the vehicle?
To reset, pull the black 4pin cable. Press and hold the programming button as you place the 4pin connector back in. The second it shows a red flash on the led let go of the programming button. Wait until the led is solid red. At this point it will flash green 1 time every second.
Look at the autostart and find a 4pin red connector. If its used the installer used DBI then 1 flash on the idatalink is good. If you don't see any red connector occupied, press the programming button on the idatalink 1 time. It will now flash 2x every second. Press and hold that button to set the final mode, and proceed to key programming. Follow it to a T.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
zulu125 
Posted: March 29, 2015 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zulu125
Thank you tedmond, I have the two keys.
I did what yoy suggested, but the LED is still blinking, I redid it 3 times with the same result.
You wrote to verify it there is a wire in the red connector of the autostart module, but this port is for connecting a XpressKit module, isn't it?
Regards
Daniel
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2015 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
the red port is for any bypass that will accept a d2d connection, which the idatalink is capable of.
Ted
Compustar Expert
tedmond 
Posted: March 29, 2015 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
The flash means you have incorrectly set the wiring mode for it. Either d2d or w2w
Ted
Compustar Expert
zulu125 
Posted: March 29, 2015 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zulu125
Tedmond,
I forgot to mention that the car was started many times after the battery was changed, I tried to reset the ADS module two months later.
Could it be a problem with the module?
The manual says that this type of blinking means bad programming or connection.
What do you think?
Thanks Daniel
zulu125 
Posted: March 29, 2015 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zulu125
tedmond wrote:
the red port is for any bypass that will accept a d2d connection, which the idatalink is capable of.
Since it has the same number of pin, should I try to connect the black wire(the one that is connected to the ADS) into it?
Thanks
Daniel
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic