the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

focus 2009 & ADS TB

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2015 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
No, what I was simply saying is to visually check. Since the red plug is not occupied, it has been hardwired.
Are you sure you are resetting it correctly? Its really straight forward. unplug everything, Press and HOLD programming button as you connect the 4pin black connector. As it starts to flash red, let go of the programming button.
once it flashes green 1x, press the programming button once. It will now flash 2x rapidly. Press and hold programming button again to allow programming.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
zulu125 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2015 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zulu125
tedmond wrote:
No, what I was simply saying is to visually check. Since the red plug is not occupied, it has been hardwired.
Are you sure you are resetting it correctly? Its really straight forward. unplug everything, Press and HOLD programming button as you connect the 4pin black connector. As it starts to flash red, let go of the programming button.
once it flashes green 1x, press the programming button once. It will now flash 2x rapidly. Press and hold programming button again to allow programming.
I have tried the reset many times with the same result. As you wrote, it is really straight forward, I cannot see what I could do wrong!
I really appreciate your comments and help, do you think the ADS could be defective.
I have to tell you that we bought the car a week ago and it was the previous owner who changed the battery. He said that the remote starter was working before! I checked all the wires, connections of both the autostsrt and the ADS and they are all like it written in the manuals.
I am ready to change the ADS module, but want to be sure that it is the problem before.
Thanks Daniel
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2015 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
So did the remote start work when you first bought the car? Or did it only remote start with a key in the ignition. Your 1st post is different than your last.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2015 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
If you cannot even reset the module, the firmware is either corrupt or its a bad bypass module. Bring it to a local shop and see if they will check what firmware is on it, if there is one-If not simply pay and reflash it.
x2 with smokeman, your story isn't very consistent in turn makes it hard for us to diagnose
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
zulu125 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2015 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zulu125
I wanted to make it simple when I started the post, not giving information that was not required.
So if you want the complete story, here it is: We bought the car that was bought by a person in october who had a remote starter installed by a car dealer. That person died in November. Her son in law changed the battery during the winter and sold the car to me one week ago, saying that the remote was not working since he changed the battery.
I checked all the wiring and the module. When I saw the LED flashing on the ADS module, I checked the ADS manual which was saying that the module was either not connected properly or incorrectly programmed, I decided to reset it as explained in the manual.
So here I am, asking if someone can give me a hint, to fix the problem.
Anyway, thanks for those who tried to help me
smokeman1 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2015 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
So I take it that it did not remote start when you bought it and it is not known if it does work.
If you insert a key into the ignition, don't turn the key, try to remote start the car. Does it remote start with a key in the ignition switch?
If it does then, then at least you know the remote starter part works and it may be a bypass issue only.
zulu125 
Posted: March 29, 2015 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zulu125
smokeman1 wrote:
So I take it that it did not remote start when you bought it and it is not known if it does work.
If you insert a key into the ignition, don't turn the key, try to remote start the car. Does it remote start with a key in the ignition switch?
If it does then, then at least you know the remote starter part works and it may be a bypass issue only.
Yes it does start with the remote when the key is in the ignition, without turning it. That is why I am questionning the ADS module. The key sign in the dash is flashing when I try to remotly start the car without any key in the ignition, which is another indication that the ADS is not doing his job.
My concern is that I cannot reset the module doing what it is said in the instructions and the info that tedmond gave me. Is there a way to be 100% sure that the ADS is good or bad?
smokeman1 
Posted: March 30, 2015 at 5:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
If you have tried the steps to reset the ADS correctly and you are sure that the wiring for the ADS is correct and not damaged, and it still will not reset, then the next step it to replace/reflash the module.
Not doubting you, but step 3 on the reset is key.
zulu125 
Posted: March 30, 2015 at 7:32 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zulu125
smokeman1 wrote:
If you have tried the steps to reset the ADS correctly and you are sure that the wiring for the ADS is correct and not damaged, and it still will not reset, then the next step it to replace/reflash the module.
Not doubting you, but step 3 on the reset is key.
You mean holding the reset button while reconnecting the d2d wire, then release it when the LED starts blinking?
The LED ON the module is continously blinking at the same rate, 1 second on and 1 second off and never comes green.
As you said, I should replace it or flash it. I will look to find a cable to do it.
Thanks
Daniel
smokeman1 
Posted: March 30, 2015 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
I just benched tested a ADS module.
Press and hold the programming button, then plug in the black 4 pin connector.
Continue to hold the program button for about 3-5 seconds. the LED should flash rapidly RED, then release the button.
It should stay RED for about three seconds, then go out, then in about 2-3 seconds start blinking Green.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic