the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Tacoma 2010 and Viper 4706v

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cherxiong 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2015 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cherxiong
On my second remote start installation. This time, the 4706v and Tacoma 2010 standard key. I had everything hooked up. Remote start okay, one problem is remote start triggers the right signal. Is it some thing wrong. I am not so sure about the door either, it wont unlock the door.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2015 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
what is your bypass module of choice? Also what do you mean triggers the right signal(turn signal?)
For door unlock, you need to set the viper for double pulse unlock.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
cherxiong 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2015 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cherxiong
I have DBALL2. Yes, the right signal came on when start the car with remote starter.
cherxiong 
Posted: March 29, 2015 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cherxiong
right turn signal
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2015 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
does it flash with starting the car normally?
Just to check the obvious, when you took the steering shroud off maybe you turned on the right signal by accident? If not, ensure the parking light wire is the correct one Green (-)@ headlight switch pin 18
also, the dball2 was an expensive module to use for immobilizer bypass only. The vehicle has nothing on the databus. In short terms you have to make analogue connections directly from the viper to the car.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
cherxiong 
Posted: March 29, 2015 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cherxiong
No flashing with starting normally. And the signal shut off the moment you put the key in, turn to on position and step on the brake.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2015 at 4:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Remove the fuse from the 4706. If the problem stops then you've gone to the wrong wire for lights.
cherxiong 
Posted: March 30, 2015 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cherxiong
Anyone with any pictures or way of telling me how to connect the door lock and unlock wire?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2015 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Go to the plugs in the driver kick panel and test in the normal way.
cherxiong 
Posted: March 30, 2015 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cherxiong
What would my test result be? How do I know which one is lock and which one is the unlock wire.
Page of 11

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic