the12volt.com spacer
icon

Auto lock and unlock viper 5706 parking brake

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dsenda 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2015 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dsenda
Hey everyone,
I would like to have my car door locks auto lock every time I disengage the parking brake, and would also like them to auto unlock every time I engage my parking brake. Currently I have the Viper 5706 alarm system installed and have the door lock Actuators / Reverse Polarity - Negative Switch/Trigger system in place. The diagram can be found in the following link:
https://www.the12volt.com/relays/relaydiagram4.html
Also, my car is a manual, so I have already tapped into the negative parking brake wire to act as a neutral safety switch.
I cannot seem to figure out a way to put this auto locking and unlocking system in place, and would really appreciate some help.
Thanks.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2015 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
system limitations. It cannot be set to lock and unlock with the ebrake-only ignition. In programming turn ignition door lock on. 1-5 opt 2
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2015 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Doable via a normal SPCO relay plus other components to turn the constant output to momentary. Frankly it's a kludge, why bother.
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,366
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2015 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Ween
Come on guys, a DEI 452T will do the job. Has negative activation input, positive or negative outputs.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2015 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
OK, never knew about it, we get a limited range in the UK Dave.
dsenda 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2015 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dsenda
Thank you Ween, I believe that the DEI 452T will be the solution to my problem. Thank you very much.
Also, thanks to the rest that responded. I really appreciate the feedback.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2015 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Use a DEI 452t as listed by Mr. Ween wire as follows:-
NOTE you have to pull up the handbrake (parking brake/ebrake) BEFORE you turn off the ignition.
Red 12V+ constant.
Black ground.
Join Orange and violet together to h/brake wire.
Green to your blue unlock wire at Viper
Blue to your green lock wire at Viper
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2015 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
howie ll wrote:
Use a DEI 452t as listed by Mr. Ween wire as follows:-
NOTE you have to pull up the handbrake (parking brake/ebrake) BEFORE you turn off the ignition.
Red 12V+ constant.
Black ground.
Join Orange and violet together to h/brake wire.
Green to your blue unlock wire at Viper
Blue to your green lock wire at Viper
From the 452t Install guide:
ORANGE (-) activation input: If the 452T is being used to generate lock and unlock pulses, connect this wire to the groundwhen-
armed output of the security system. If the 452T is being used to create a double (-) pulse, connect the ORANGE
wire to the (-) unlock output from the security system.
VIOLET (+) activation input: If the 452T is being used to generate lock and unlock pulses for ignition controlled door locks,
connect this wire to a source of (+) 12V switched ignition in the vehicle. If the 452T is being used to create a double (+)
pulse, connect the VIOLET wire to the (+) unlock output from the security system.
IMPORTANT:The ORANGE and VIOLET inputs cannot be used at the same time. Damage to the module will result.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2015 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Good point it's 3:00am here and we have a hurricane keeping me awake, I never got to the last line or thought it through. Only connect Orange to the parking brake wire.
It should then work even with the ignition off.
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,366
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2015 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Ween
Just use the orange lead, connect to parking brake switch.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic