the12volt.com spacer
icon

2015 Ford Transit 150 Full Size Van Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fliersrr 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2015 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote fliersrr
Hello,
I have a new 2015 Full size Ford Transit 150 van. I would like the wiring so I can hook a car alarm.
Probably just need the dome, horn. 12v constant and switched. Topical simple wiring. Don't need door switches as the 12vdc shuts off anyway.
Thank you,
Marty
fliersrr 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2015 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote fliersrr
Oh forgot will need power door lock/unlock locations and colors.
Thanks,
Marty
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2015 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
It's all CAN and LIN data, see if there's a DB-ALL: or Fortin solution.
There's a DEI 330 or similar for the UK version, look on the Xpresskit site.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2015 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Just downloaded here, go to the Downloads/Manuals section enter 2015 Ford Transit.
By the way, you will need an alarm such as DEI Viper 3300 series and up so you can program for the NO door triggers.
fliersrr 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2015 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote fliersrr
Thank You. Perfect info. Much appreciated. 2015 Ford Transit 150 Full Size Van Wiring -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2015 at 7:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Sorry about the confusion, the Transit was made in the UK from 1965 to 2013, then Turkey. It's had about 5 major transformations, changed electrical systems about 3 times since 1998.
fliersrr 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2015 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote fliersrr
Hello again,
I tried installing the car alarm in a very basic mode as I have done in the past with no luck.
First as you may already know the 12 VDC shuts down after 20 minutes. This has been overcome by me in the past by NOT using the door triggers as I will loose the 12 VDC and sound the alarm. I overcame this by only using the positive input Dome Light.
The problem with this vehicle is there is NO positive input I can find. The dome light is a negative input.
This leave just the built in shock unit.
I did get the Lock/Unlock to work fine.
The next bad news was the horn is not a negative that can be used. It is a logic circuit.
The next bad news was not being able to get the flashing lights. I tried to hook to the negative of the Hazard lights, but that also is a logic circuit.
So basically all I have is an LED, Siren, Shock, and locking and unlocking doors.
Missing is Flashing lights, Horn, and some sort of entry detection.
I think Do It Yourselfers are just about done with alarms. Unless I am missing something here.
Any suggestions on DIY installs for this new data bus logic type vehicles?
Thanks,
Marty
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2015 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Yes idatalink, DB-ALL, Fortin for CAN data to analogue. I did say that might be the case.
Steering column loom, blue/black, NEG trigger should be horn wire.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2015 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
1) Those instructions I posted should cover BUT you need and alarm such as DEI that accepts NO door triggers.
2) Horn blue/white I've a feeling you didn't follow the instructions I posted, it gives you analogue inputs/outputs for everything without going to a CAN conversion module, I'd only recommend that for R/Start.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2015 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Also if wired as per those instructions, timer isn't a problem.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic