the12volt.com spacer
icon

2015 Ford Transit 150 Full Size Van Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fliersrr 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2015 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote fliersrr
I sorry but I do not see instructions. I found and downloaded the wring diagram you posted in the download section.
Where can I find these instructions?
Thanks
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2015 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=1322
fliersrr 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2015 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote fliersrr
Your going to hate me, but that link does not bring me to a file or location about my vehicle.
While I was at that Install bay I tried to search for 2015 Transit and all I get is the link for downloading the wiring.
Then I tried to search for just 2015 nd still nothing.
Not sure what instructions you are referring too.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2015 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
PM me with your email address, I'll send you the file.
fliersrr 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2015 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote fliersrr
Sent you my email. I heard not from you yet but have been researching more on the vehicle. I have found a way of flashing the lights with 4 diodes and using 4 separate light wires.
Still have not figured out how in the world to get a positive trip from anything in that vehicle.
Been looking into maybe just scarping the idea if you don't come up with a solution for the door or dome triggers, and getting a Fortin EVO-ALL, programmer/flasher, and a Crimestopper SP-402 Alarm/remote start combo unit.
Best regards,
Marty
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2015 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
I sent you that email yesterday!! I know it went through.
The 4 diodes are correct but as I said you need DEI alarm product or any that will allow you either NC or NO door triggers.
Every car manufacturer except Ford and Mazda use NO door triggers, i.e. open circuit when door closed, goes to ground when door opened.
Ford id the opposite, read at ground when closed.
fliersrr 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2015 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote fliersrr
Hello Howie,
Maybe my email server blocks UK email. Not sure. I went right to my email server for Time Warner Cable and it was still set not to block email, but who know. Maybe it even is m spam filter deleting it. I check the spam folders and nothing in there from the UK.
My alarm I am trying to install in that Transit is a Omega CG-150i6 that has both Positive and Negative door inputs. I had not heard of alarms using N/C or N/O circuits unless you are talking about one that gets it's door info from the CAN or LIN bus. Is that what you are saying?
Marty
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2015 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Not POS or NEG. Simply NEG working in reverse.
I can't explain any more than I have already.
The Omega site should give you the info you require, nothing more I can say at this point.
fliersrr 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2015 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote fliersrr
I now understand what you were saying. In this 2015 Ford Transit the door switches are not neg or positive triggers like the older days. They basically are N/C or N/O circuits. Got it.
I have been tossing several ideas around in my head as to what to do for this vehicle. I could add the flashing lights with the 4 diodes. Trying your wiring of the horn too.
Then to get a trip use either an DEI 509U Ultrasonic Pressure Sensor, or a AU-94TM Proximity Radar sensor. Not sure which one is a better sensor.
Or scape this alarm all together and get on board with CAN and LIN.
The options are limited. So far I found Fortin EVO-ALL with a Crimestopper SP-402 remote start and alarm to be an option for this vehicle.
There is only one thing stopping me. On the Fortin EVO-ALL I have to cut the driver's door switch wire and separate it to go to EVO-ALL A17 & A18. They explained this to be needed so the EVO-ALL can turn off the RAP (Retained Access Power). Basically to shut the radio off after remote start.
This bothers me because the day the vehicle needs to go back I need to pull my stuff and I will forget to hook this wire back together.
Fortin does not have a T-Harness available for Ford past 2013 otherwise I do that route so I did not have to cut that wire.
Also can't even try to make a T-Harness for that wire as it comes from the PCM large 76 pin plug.
I tried DB-ALL Express kits and they do not have any solution for my truck.
What way would you go? Sensors in cab on old alarm, or new alarm/remote starter and a big note taped to that cut wire? :-)
Let me know what you would recommend.
Thanks,
Marty
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2015 at 2:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
DEI alarm, capable of switching between NO and NO door switches such as 330X series and a glass break detector.
We find that proximity detectors in vehicles such a Transits, Sprinters tend to give too many false alarms because of having to be roof mounted unless you park off street.
The above alarm hard wired, you don't need a CAN module unless you go for a remote start.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic