the12volt.com spacer
icon

Would like to convert a DPDT switch

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
swedespeed7 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2015 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote swedespeed7
howie ll wrote:
You need a momentary centre off SPCO (aka SPDT) as I explained a above. A single push button won't do it. You'd need two. If your existing switch is spring loaded centre off, i.e. momentary action, like a window switch then remove the power supply feed it from ground, remove the existing ground the outputs then feed the 2 X 528t.
I see. So like a center off momentary rocker switch, correct?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2015 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Exactly.
swedespeed7 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2015 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote swedespeed7
howie ll wrote:
Exactly.
Thank you very much for your help!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2015 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Here's a stylised diagram of how to rewire your existing switch, this makes it one touch either way. As I said before, this is how mirror folds and effectively one windows work.
Disconnect 12 V+ supply and rewire to the 528t's and ground (s), reconnect ground to 12V+ terminal, send outputs (originally to motor) to each 528t.:-
switch_mods.png
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2015 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
I've redone that diagram to make what you have to do more obvious:- 2EF_switch_mods.png
swedespeed7 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2015 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote swedespeed7
thanks!!
hotwaterwizard 
Silver - Posts: 1,350
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2015 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote hotwaterwizard

To convert the momentary rocker switch to a single push-button switch without having to modify the motor or door.

When Opening/closing takes about 3 seconds.
You could construct your own circuit.

Would like to convert a DPDT switch - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

John DeRosa (Hotwaterwizard)
Stockton California
When in doubt, try it out !
rodsfromday 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2015 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rodsfromday
hotwaterwizard wrote:

To convert the momentary rocker switch to a single push-button switch without having to modify the motor or door.

When Opening/closing takes about 3 seconds.
You could construct your own circuit.

Would like to convert a DPDT switch - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

I am busy with autofold mirrors and was going to use the diagram howie suggested using the timers but I came across this diagram and found it much easier esp. with sourcing components.
The problem i now have is that after i energise the relay for folding, it takes forever for the capacitor to discharge in order for me to unfold. It probably wont matter if you leave the mirror folded for say a few hrs. My issue is if i accidentally activate the 'fold switch' side while mirror folded, then i have to wait for the cap to discharge before i could unfold them. Besides dead shortening the caps out, is their another way of increasing the discharge time pls?
TIA
BMW Engineering
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic