the12volt.com spacer
icon

Mazda Sting 2003, keyless entry, locking module

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2015 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Yes. I've already explained that. In future go about it as I explained, use a tester on anything pre 2005.
chassis 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2015 at 8:08 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chassis
Thanks a lot,I really appreciate your advice and time.I feel more confident after the conversation,enjoy!
Do it once,do it right - This means no short cuts. You never get paid twice for having to do the job twice because it wasn't done right the first time.
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2015 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chassis
Mazda Sting 2003, keyless entry, locking module - Page 3 -- posted image. I've link the factory actuators on the alarms onboard relays,works 100% with remote and ignition.Thumbs up Howie!
Do it once,do it right - This means no short cuts. You never get paid twice for having to do the job twice because it wasn't done right the first time.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2015 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Good now remember, passive testing only....Mazda Sting 2003, keyless entry, locking module - Page 3 -- posted image.
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2015 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chassis
Lol will do.tell me why on some wires,when I test,e.g black and red wire.when I put the DMM'S red prob on the red wire and the black prob on the black wire I get 12v and if swop the probs and put it on same two wires I also get 12v,cause I expect nothing.how can there be 12V and Ground on both wires at the same time while testing.how is that possible.those were two thicker wires on the central locking module,not sure what the colors were,thicker then motors wires.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2015 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Not sure myself but if you're talking DMM then the display would have read -12.0.
That's why I use a test light on older vehicles.
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2015 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chassis
Ill get myself a test light today,that's the reason why I fried the module.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2015 at 2:29 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
NOT LED, but good old incandescent bulb please. The bulb draws the current to actuate relays etc. and buffers from ground shorts.
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2015 at 2:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chassis
Is the normal test light save to test anything on a vehicle,won't do any harm to vehicle electronic devices?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2015 at 2:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Discretion. Anything post 05 German, be careful.
Can't be used on airbag, or data systems.
But look triggers, door triggers, general wiring, much faster than a meter.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic