the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5906v, DBall2, 506t

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2015 at 2:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Depending on the vehicle you'll get better results with a 508d dual zone proximity or field effect sensor.
cbowen 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2015 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cbowen
Well I received my another replacement 506t. Pretty much same thing, but, it does pick up better with the gain turn on max. For the 508D I have one that is suppose to be coming tomorrow. You're right Howie II I realized that probably would be better.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2015 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Good luck, I've personally had little joy with glass break detectors.
cole D 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2015 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cole D
I have the same issue with my 5906. My sensor does not work do I need a new one? What's going on with 5906?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2015 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Wire the trigger to hour hood or trunk sensor wire, grey or blue, power to red on H1 and ground to orange on H1
cole D 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2015 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cole D
Howie, I wired the trigger to the alarm instant trigger, red to constant power and orange to GWA. It does almost the same thing with one exception when I arm the alarm the red light flashes everytime and then gives me a trunk open error message. I have the sensor turned up and still nothing.
cole D 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2015 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cole D
Howie, everything works now but man you talk about absolutely no adjustability. If you tap on the window at all it triggers the full alarm. I have a new sensor coming on Monday that I will try. Thanks for the help.
Chris
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2015 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Don't know quite what to say, may be use the trigger wire to trigger a relay to the blue on the alarm? That would increase the switching current.
cole D 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2015 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cole D
Howie, It turns out my audio sensor microphone was bad. I replaced the microphone and I can adjust sensitivity now and it works everytime.
It's my fault I must have stretched the wire or pulled too hard on it installing it in the center console.
Thanks for all the help
Chris
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic