the12volt.com spacer
icon

535t windows roll up on AUX

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cbowen 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2015 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cbowen
I just installed the Directed 535t Windows Module and everything works great. But, one feature I would like to add is being able to roll the windows up while the alarm (viper 5906v) is armed. The only way I can do this is disarm the alarm and then rearm it. I can roll them down by the auxiliary channel, but, I would like to roll them up with the remote and also have them roll up when armed. Is this possible? I saw this process on a video but they did not give any details on how to do it. Thanks!
cbowen 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2015 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cbowen
This was done in a 2012 Jeep Patriot by the way.
cbowen 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2015 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cbowen
I am using the 2 window feature with the 535t
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2015 at 3:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Instead of the orange GWR you're using now, use one of the AUX wires programmed to timed. (leave on the default, either 10 or 20 seconds), no linking.
That will give you roll-up control at any time.
cbowen 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2015 at 6:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cbowen
So, if I did it that way will they still roll up automatically when armed? Thanks for the reply!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2015 at 6:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
No but if you want it that way leave the orange wired in to the AUX with diode separation, in-line 1N4004 in each band towards alarm/RS.
cbowen 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2015 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cbowen
Sorry to ask this but how actually would you wire that up? Do not have any experience with diodes. I've wired up alot of stuff but have never got this far. Would you have the orange (from 535t) and aux (alarm) together on one end of diode and orange (GWA - alarm) on the other end?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2015 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Follow this format:-
y_form_diodes.png
cbowen 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2015 at 12:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cbowen
Howie II thanks for the chart. It was a big help. Evidently I did not wire this up correctly. I can roll my windows back up with Aux2, but, ONLY when the alarm is disarmed. When it is armed they will not roll back up. The only difference I did was put the diodes at the end of each wire and then connected the diode ends to the orange wire of the 535t. I connected the ends of the diodes to the orange (535t) wire without the diodes touching one another. I don't know if that makes a difference or not. Or do I need to insert the diodes just like you have it in the diagram by inserting them in between the 2 wires (aux2 & alarm orange) and then connecting the wires (aux2 & alarm orange) to the orange wire (535t). I'm probably making this harder than what it is. lol! 535t windows roll up on AUX -- posted image. Thanks a bunch for all your time and help!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2015 at 3:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
You are! Just follow the diagram apart from the waste of time running feeds from two sources.
Not a very convenient option, you've already got full control with the 535, just let the windows close when you arm, wait 5 seconds then roll down as much as you want.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic