the12volt.com spacer
icon

2004 Mercedes CL500 stereo upgrade wiring reques

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hoggertp 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2015 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote hoggertp
Looking for the wiring information for a 2004 Mercedes CL500 (W215 model) to hook up new Kenwood DNX571HD Head Unit. Break down of connection locations and corresponding wire colours would be appreciated. Thanks. Terry
hoggertp 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2015 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote hoggertp
Hello everyone, I am a Newbie to this forum and have limited electrical skills. I am looking to upgrade my existing COMMAND HU with a Kenwood DNX571HD HU into my 2004 Mercedes CL500 (W215 model).
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2015 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Try Scosche, Metra etc. for plug in adaptors.
hoggertp 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2015 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote hoggertp
Apologize. must have hit wrong key before asking questions.
1) Park SW and Reverse wires from HU should be connected where? Location and corresponding wire colours. Assume I may be able to by-pass the Park SW by running it to a grounding point. Any suggestions.
2) can I simply cut the wires from the original COMMAND harness and solder in the Power and Grounds directly. Have been unable to locate a pre-made transition harness.
3) when connecting the steering wheel control module ASWC-1 to the N93/1 module does one simply tap into the corresponding wires or cut and solder to make new connections. Do not want to interfere with other possible functionality that terminates at the N93/1 module. Also, where is the best place to get Power and Ground for the ASWC-1?
Locations and wire colours would be great and of course pics help me exponentially.
Thanking you in advance.
Terry
hoggertp 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2015 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote hoggertp
Thanks. I already have a Nav-TV Opti-1 MOST-Hur interface, an ASWC-1 interface, a Scorsche VWA3B adaptor, and a Boyo VTK230HD backup camera. I believe I can hook this all up but I am still looking for the reverse and park switch wires---from the car to hook to the new head unit (for NAV and camera functionality). The camera I have tied into the back tail light in the trunk. The ASWC-1 I have tied into the Gateway (N93/1). The Opti-1 into the MOST fiber optics.
The Mercedes WIS wiring diagrams are a little complicated in identifying locations and wire colour codes and I do not want to muck it up. Talked to the dealership but they do not do upgrade installs. There is no aftermarket harness so I need to wire this myself. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
I never figured it would be so complicated. Thanks again. Terry
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2015 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
To be honest one I wouldn't go near!
Having said that if the factory unit is an Audio 10 or 20, not Command, try Armour Auto UK for aftermarket head unit lead adaptors.
hoggertp 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2015 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote hoggertp
It is a COMMAND. Thanks again.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2015 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Sorry definitely won't even suggest anything for that!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic