the12volt.com spacer
icon

Intermittent GM Passlock II problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kyousif 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2015 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kyousif
I have a 99 GMC Suburban with a Compustar CS700-AS for the passlock ii bypass someone had used what looks like a 2 relay to bypass for remote starting. Everything worked great. Its been installed almost a year now.
Old Problem:
Intermittently my security dash light would flash and I cannot start the car at all. Leaving me stranded for 10 to 30 minutes until I can get the security light solid and then I can start.
I assumed it was the resistor in the keylock assembly so. I purchased a Fixit Module off ebay im assuming its just a resister in a box with a hefty price tag. I installed it and programmed it to work. Cut Yellow Key wire tape off key side connect module to bcm side and tap other side to black key wire. It worked as expected.
New Problem:
I tried remote starting after installing the fixit module would not start. I then could not start it using the key. I had to reprogram it again.
I would like to be able to remote start it again. Help is greatly appreciate it. Thank You
Sincerely,
Ken
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2015 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
the fix it module might be designed to fix the passlock issue, but not designed for remote start. The fixit must turn on before the vehicle is started-activated by a staus/ground when running wire. You might want to take a look at the fortin passlock sl2
maybe post a wiring diagram of the fixit?
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2015 at 6:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

I haven't seen the install instructions for the FixIt module, but it sounds like a permanent bypass.  ( Cutting the Yellow wire and

leaving the key cylinder side disconnected.)  If the FixIt programing is a series of three key start attempts with 10 minute key ON delays
in between, you are getting the vehicles BCM to learn and accept a new resistance value ( the new one inside the FixIt module ). 
That means the old value in the key cylinder and the similar value in the two relay bypass are no longer accepted. 

You could disconnect the R/S trigger wire to the two relay bypass module ( possibly Black (-) GWR/Status Output ), disabling it, and then

try a remote start.

Soldering is fun!
kyousif 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2015 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kyousif
Great call guys. Kreg357 you are correct permanent bypass programming just as you stated. I didnt realize the 2 relay bypass had a matching resistor. I will cut the GWR to the 2 relay bypass to disable it. Not sure if I can get to it today but I will definitely report back to you guys as soon as I do. Thank you.
Sincerely,
Ken
kyousif 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2015 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kyousif
Problem Solved. Cut GWR from alarm works like a charm with and without a key. Thank You again...
YOU GUYS AND THIS FORUM ROCKS!!!
Sincerely,
Ken

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic