the12volt.com spacer
icon

1999 Chevrolet Suburban Remote Start Qeustions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hairbear21 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2015 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote hairbear21
I don't want to incur the wrath of anyone for lack of searching out this topic, but I wasn't able to find what I need.
I recently bought a Python 4106p remote start system, as well as the Xpresskit PLJX for the Passlock system.
I have searched all over, and all that I can find is pieces of information scattered all over, some of which I don't know is correct (not from this site though).
What I am wondering, is before I tackle this, is there anything special that I need to know regarding the wiring? I have all of the necessary diagrams from this site for color codes and wiring, but one of the most trivial things I have found is regarding the door locks. Some places say a relay is needed, some don't. I looked at the diagrams, and they show a positive (+) connection, but some threads have stated that the Suburbans are a Negative (-) connection and therefore need a relay.
Would this be correct, or will I not know until I get into the wiring?
Thank you!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2015 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
The Suburban for that year is POS (+) thus you will need relays or a DEI 451 module.
The default from your RS is NEG (-) switching thus relays required.
hairbear21 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2015 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote hairbear21
I only need one of the DEI 451 modules, correct?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2015 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Yes, only one needed. Plugs straight into the lock socket on DEI products, pre-wired and about half the size of a pair of relays.
hairbear21 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2015 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote hairbear21
Awesome! thanks for the help

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic