the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5806 Remote Start troubleshooting

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bradk91 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2015 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bradk91
Hi all, got a little bit of an issue I'm hoping someone with more experience than me has encountered before.
Four or five months ago, I installed a Viper 5806 alarm and RS system in my 2007 Mazdaspeed 3. I configured the system as if the car was an automatic, but I have wired up the toggle switch interlock to the parking brake wire and the foot brake interlock to the neutral safety switch on the ECU, so the vehicle can't start unless it's in neutral and the parking brake is on.
Anyway, everything worked well once I got my immobilizer bypass sorted out. Until today. I was going to leave work, so I remote started my car as normal about five minutes before I left. Right as I get out to the car and unlock it to get in, the car turns off. It tried restarting three times with no success and did not display any error flashes of the parking lights.
I just started the car with the key and drove home. Now though, I'm doing a bit of troubleshooting. What I've discovered is that the car will remote start if and only if the key is in the ignition and turned to the on position. Simply having the key in the ignition is not enough. This leads me to believe that it's not an immobilizer bypass issue as (I believe) having the key in the ignition at all would solve that.
Does anyone have any advice as to what might be causing this issue? Apologies if this is a post on an existing topic, but it seemed none of them had the same symptoms I did.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2015 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
your ignition fuse might have popped due to excessive current. Take a look at the red and RED / white constant inputs.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
bradk91 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2015 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bradk91
tedmond wrote:
your ignition fuse might have popped due to excessive current. Take a look at the red and RED / white constant inputs.
Forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't that mean that the car wouldn't start at all even when I put in and turned the key? Or is this a fuse on the viper unit somewhere?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2015 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
there are fuses on the viper unit. if the fuse on the viper went you wouldnt be able to remote start
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
bradk91 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2015 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bradk91
tedmond wrote:
there are fuses on the viper unit. if the fuse on the viper went you wouldnt be able to remote start
Okay, thanks for the input. I'll give that a look. Appreciate the help!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic