the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 4706, dball2, 2014 Ram w/tipstart

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jimd2p 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2015 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jimd2p
Working on a 2014 Ram with tipstart. Installing a Viper 4706v using a dball2 with t-harness and a Viper 556U bypass module. I'm wired d2d.
As soon as I hit the remote start button the remote beeps and days error. Then I hear it click 7 times.
I'm not sure what I'm missing but I'm pulling my hair out. Could I get some guidance on where to go next. I can post how I have everything connected if necessary. Am using the bypass module instead of key2go because I am not a dealer.
Dball.has had most current firmware installed.
Thank you
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2015 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
if you are using the dball2, why do you need a viper 556u bypass module? Its a waste of a key.
The dball2 will store the key data digitally so no key is given up. Have a dealer complete the key2go for you. It wont cost much
The 7 clicks occur because its in manual transmission mode. Enter programming Menu 3, item 1, Setting 2.
Make sure on the 24pin harness the BLACK/ white neutral safety is grounded.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
jimd2p 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2015 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jimd2p
Ok. I will do that. Can you tel me where to get instructions on how to do all the programming? Thanks for your help!
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2015 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
the programming instructions for the viper is in the white schematic page included with the system.
basic programming
ignition on then off
press and hold button on antenna until it flashes 3x rapidly (indicating menu 3)
press the button once for item 1
press and hold to enter item 1 setting. Keep the button pressed and press unlock on the remote. It will blink 2x for option 2.
turn key on then off.
Ted
Compustar Expert
jimd2p 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2015 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jimd2p
Thank you. I very much appreciate your help
tedmond 
Posted: April 09, 2015 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
no problem.
Ted
Compustar Expert
jimd2p 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2015 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jimd2p
I attempted to do the programming today and had no success entering programming mode. Ign on then off, pressed and held the antenna button and nothing happened. I've also noticed I get no born chirp or light flash. Do I have to hook those up seperately or should the D2d be controlling that.
Also, is there anything else I need to do to the DBALL besides adding the firmware? I know I will have to take it in and have the KEY2GO done.
Thanks again
tedmond 
Posted: April 10, 2015 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
you need an ignition input in order to enter programming. Verify the PINK wire of the viper is connected to Yellow/Red of the T-harness.
You really should program the bypass first, then program the viper but in your situation try doing the viper first.
Do you have the XKLoader cable?
Ted
Compustar Expert
jimd2p 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2015 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jimd2p
I do have the XKLoader cable.
I see where I have a mistake in the wiring. I have the Violet and not the pink going to the yellow/red of the t-harness.
Off the t-harness I have everything plugged in accordingly and then the following:
I'll change the yellow/red to the pink
ORANGE / black to the violet pin 9 on the BCM F connector
violet/brown to the WHITE/ brown pin 20 BCM G connector
Not using the tach output.
It shows a red from the remote starter going to Pin 3 of the BCM B. Which wire off the remote start should go here?
As for the 4706 I have the following:
H/1 to 12v constant
H/2 to ground
H3-H6 not used
Door lock 3 pin connector not used
8 pin connector 1-4 to 12v constant
Violet (not used)?
Orange will be going to a window module later
RED / white not used
Pink to yellow/red of t-harness
24 pin
9-Hood pin
13-Ground
Does this look right? Please let me know any suggestions.
Again I thank you for taking your time to help me.
jimd2p 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2015 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jimd2p
I do have the XKLoader cable.
I see where I have a mistake in the wiring. I have the Violet and not the pink going to the yellow/red of the t-harness.
Off the t-harness I have everything plugged in accordingly and then the following:
I'll change the yellow/red to the pink
ORANGE / black to the violet pin 9 on the BCM F connector
violet/brown to the WHITE/ brown pin 20 BCM G connector
Not using the tach output.
It shows a red from the remote starter going to Pin 3 of the BCM B. Which wire off the remote start should go here?
As for the 4706 I have the following:
H/1 to 12v constant
H/2 to ground
H3-H6 not used
Door lock 3 pin connector not used
8 pin connector 1-4 to 12v constant
Violet (not used)?
Orange will be going to a window module later
RED / white not used
Pink to yellow/red of t-harness
24 pin
9-Hood pin
13-Ground
Does this look right? Please let me know any suggestions.
Again I thank you for taking your time to help me.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic